DNS-323 Since installation NAS doesn't auto shutdown! HELP!

D-Link specific stuff goes here
ignited
DNS-323 Since installation NAS doesn't auto shutdown! HELP!

Post by ignited » Thu May 31, 2007 3:16 pm

Hey I used the tutorial at
http://www.shadowandy.net/_html/archives/tech/dns323/
to enable telnet
and then installed twonkymedia on my DNS-323 so i could get my PS3 a connection to my media that i have stoerd there.

however since last night, my NAS refuses to auto powerdown after the allotted 10 minutes.

Help. Is there anyway to reconfigure it to get it to power down?

I can't figure out why it isn't. Is it telnet/twonkymedia?

If so is there a way i can ammend the code(s) so it will idle unless it is sent a request? because for everything else, even itunes and uPnp Server, it will stay powered down and if i send a remote connection signal like ftp or a file request it will power back up.

aye problems suck.

Benjo321

Post by Benjo321 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:11 pm

Hey,
What version of Twonky Media are you using?
I had exactly the same problem until I did the following:

I updated the DNS-323 firmware to version 1.03.
You can do this downloading from the dlink website in your country (be careful because UK/ Europe / US firmwares are different).

Simply install the firmware from the dns's web management console and reboot. (All the fun_plug telnet access remains untouched by the firmware update, thank goodness!)

When I'd done this I downloaded and installed Twonky Media 4.3.
Mine now works perfectly!

Any problems, post back

zappzarapp

Post by zappzarapp » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:05 pm

I have exactily the same problem.

I installed mldonkey to get telnet access to my dns-323 so i can install the twonky-upnp-server - it worked and now i can stream my divx-movies from the nas with my xbox360. But the dns-323 won't go into the standby mode anymore - well it goes into standy mode, but shortly afterwards the harddisks start again.

I already removed the autostart of mldonkey and the twonkyserver from the fun_plug file but it still doesn't work.

The Firmware on the DNS-323 is Version 1.03.

zappzarapp