FLAC not playing on DSM-510

D-Link specific stuff goes here
thegrimripper
FLAC not playing on DSM-510

Post by thegrimripper » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:05 pm

Anyone else have this problem?:

I setup Twonky to transcode FLAC (copied addon to cgi-bin directory), restarted Twonky, but my DSM-510 is not able to select the FLAC files in my media library; they are greyed out... am I doing something wrong?

I am running the latest fimrware on my 510 (1.06); if I recall correctly, FLAC playback worked on an older firmware version (1.01?) albeit with some bugs...

thegrimripper

WMP in Vista

Post by thegrimripper » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:25 pm

Plays FLAC fine as a UPnP client... I can see that the files are converted to .wav and played in WMP... it appears Twonky is configured correctly to transcode... why won't the files play on the 510?

planecrazy

I have got FLAC to work

Post by planecrazy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:29 am

thegrimreaper,
I also had the same issue with DSM-510 and Twonky v4.4. To solve it, you need to edit the "clients.db" in the resources sub-directory of your twonky installation. First find the entry for DSM-510 in the clients.db file. Then change the following ( I don't remember the exact change as I am work right now).

Code: Select all

MT=flac audio/flac
to

Code: Select all

MT=flac audio/x-flac
To be safe, I also modified the flac entries for other clients.

This was suggested by Christian in some other thread and it worked for me. BTW, I am running firmware v1.06 in the 510.

Hope this helps.

thegrimripper

Works!! Thanks planecrazy!

Post by thegrimripper » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:01 pm

Made suggested changes and playback now works... now if only we can get FLAC files cataloged properly by TwonkyMedia!!!

Thanks again...