DNS-323 = CH3SNAS

D-Link specific stuff goes here
cybermike
DNS-323 = CH3SNAS

Post by cybermike » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:06 am

Can i use the DNS-323 Version of TwonkyMedia on my Conceptronic CH3SNAS? Any special setup requirements?

Michael

cybermike

Post by cybermike » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:39 pm

No ideas from anyone?

wideasleep1

Post by wideasleep1 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:04 pm

Can you telnet to the NAS? Can you update that NAS to DLink firmware?

cybermike

Post by cybermike » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:35 pm

Twonky works perfect on the CH3SNAS, i can confirm this now :D

Pitbull_Raven

Post by Pitbull_Raven » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:49 pm

cybermike wrote:Twonky works perfect on the CH3SNAS, i can confirm this now :D
Are you by any chance serving media to an xbox360? Is the NAS very noisy? Have you tried getting a torrent client on there? I am thinking of buying one myself.

i2Paq

Post by i2Paq » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:55 pm

Pitbull_Raven wrote:
cybermike wrote:Twonky works perfect on the CH3SNAS, i can confirm this now :D
Are you by any chance serving media to an xbox360? Is the NAS very noisy? Have you tried getting a torrent client on there? I am thinking of buying one myself.
The CH3SNAS is quit, has some anoying issues but they will be solved in the upcomming firmware release. Mine is running smooth with the Twonky and a Soundbridge M1001.

Pitbull_Raven

Post by Pitbull_Raven » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:03 pm

i2Paq wrote:The CH3SNAS is quit, has some anoying issues but they will be solved in the upcomming firmware release. Mine is running smooth with the Twonky and a Soundbridge M1001.
Annoying issues? How about torrent's? Did you ever try running a client? I just made the order and went back and put it on hold after reading your post. :)

i2Paq

Post by i2Paq » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:45 pm

Pitbull_Raven wrote: Annoying issues? How about torrent's? Did you ever try running a client? I just made the order and went back and put it on hold after reading your post. :)
Yes, but the latest 1.03b6 firmware has solved them.

I do not run any Download client on it but do check the DNS-323 forum on this.

Cheers!

Pitbull_Raven

Post by Pitbull_Raven » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:46 pm

i2Paq wrote:
Pitbull_Raven wrote: Annoying issues? How about torrent's? Did you ever try running a client? I just made the order and went back and put it on hold after reading your post. :)
Yes, but the latest 1.03b6 firmware has solved them.
I do not run any Download client on it but do check the DNS-323 forum on this.
That's great news. i will take this into consideration. Right now I am just wondering if I should buy this or if I should rather consider buying an external 750 gig hard drive for the same price. If you had the chance to go back, would you still have bought this NAS? Or would you have gone down a different path?

i2Paq

Post by i2Paq » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:25 pm

Pitbull_Raven wrote:That's great news. i will take this into consideration. Right now I am just wondering if I should buy this or if I should rather consider buying an external 750 gig hard drive for the same price. If you had the chance to go back, would you still have bought this NAS? Or would you have gone down a different path?
I bought the CH3SNAS for many reasons, especialy for the Raid1 option.
I also bought it for the uPnP and print-server.
I do not see any other device with the same specs as my CH3SNAS.

Pitbull_Raven

Post by Pitbull_Raven » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:26 am

i2Paq wrote:
Pitbull_Raven wrote:That's great news. i will take this into consideration. Right now I am just wondering if I should buy this or if I should rather consider buying an external 750 gig hard drive for the same price. If you had the chance to go back, would you still have bought this NAS? Or would you have gone down a different path?
I bought the CH3SNAS for many reasons, especialy for the Raid1 option.
I also bought it for the uPnP and print-server.
I do not see any other device with the same specs as my CH3SNAS.
Thanks for all your time on this matter. I think I have all the info I need to make my decision now. I greatly appreciate all you have said. Cheers!

i2Paq

Post by i2Paq » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:45 pm

Pitbull_Raven wrote: Thanks for all your time on this matter. I think I have all the info I need to make my decision now. I greatly appreciate all you have said. Cheers!
I've updated my CH3SNAS to the latest firmware, did a factory reset and compleetly rebuild my Raid1 (no JBOD this time). System is ultra quit and runs very well now.
It's so quiet that the fan is making to much noise now, I will use the fan_script from the DNS-323 to make it auto-adjust to the temp.

Hope you enjoy your CH3SNAS!

Pitbull_Raven

Post by Pitbull_Raven » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:42 pm

i2Paq wrote:
Pitbull_Raven wrote: Thanks for all your time on this matter. I think I have all the info I need to make my decision now. I greatly appreciate all you have said. Cheers!
I've updated my CH3SNAS to the latest firmware, did a factory reset and compleetly rebuild my Raid1 (no JBOD this time). System is ultra quit and runs very well now.
It's so quiet that the fan is making to much noise now, I will use the fan_script from the DNS-323 to make it auto-adjust to the temp.

Hope you enjoy your CH3SNAS!
Sorry for the delayed answer. And thanks for the extra info. Great news. But unfortunatly I still haven't received my NAS :(