DSM-320 + TwonkyMedia 4.4 + DNS-323 = Nightmare

D-Link specific stuff goes here
Angel67
DSM-320 + TwonkyMedia 4.4 + DNS-323 = Nightmare

Post by Angel67 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:55 am

Hi all,
I have a DNS-323, I got TwonkyMedia 4.4 to replace the UpNP media server so I could use it with the PS3.
Then after reading this forum I got a DSM-320 so I could play my media - all television shows encoded in XVid and DiVx format on the DSM-320.
The DSM 320 has firmware 1.0.9... it is not working..
It is ugly,

:oops: I am really upset!!!!! :oops:

I cannot watch any videos, they freeze every 5 seconds.
I cannot see pictures, it says my picture cannot be opened.
Music plays

If I try to see pictures or worse to play videos, the telnet daemon running on the DNS-323 crashes together with Twonky media pnp server and I need to reboot the NAS to fix the issue.

I tried to downgrade the DSM-320 and the NAS using different combinations (actually all of them ...) I worked 4 hours on the issue dealing with SimpleDNS and FTP and ...

I also tried the Beta of Twonky all unsuccessful....

I am giving up....

This is really bad....

:?

Angel67

ahodgey

Post by ahodgey » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:16 pm

I have the same setup and can say that it works for me well - can watch whole movies / tv episodes etc without stuttering or crashing. Pictures are a bit naff due to scaling and rotation.

I have
DNS 323 with 1.03 firmware
DSM 320 with 1.09 firmware

Twonky v4.3 as v4.4 wouldnt work for me (kept stuttering / crashing) Took me a long time to figure out it was twonky v4.4 causing issues. http://www.twonkyvision.de/Download/4.3 ... Setup.exe

The DSM is connects wirelessly to my Linksys WAG 325N wireless router. With the DNS connected directly to router. I get about 70% to 80% on signal strength in site survey on the DSM

The only mod I have made to the DSM 320 is the antenna fix (change the antenna connection from main to aux to give a 20%-50% boost in wireless strength will find a link if you want).

Hope this helps

Andy