DSM-330 Support

D-Link specific stuff goes here
agent_paul
DSM-330 Support

Post by agent_paul » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:20 pm

Hiya guys, first post here.

I was wondering if the D-Link DSM-330 is supported with TwonkyVision. I currently have twonky installed on my NAS (synology 106j), which currently works fine with some Kiss player my brother has.

has anyone got the DSM-330 working with twonky? in particular with a NAS??

agent_paul

Post by agent_paul » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:06 am

no luck on this huh?....

thats ok, i've decided to go get one to find out. ill post my results and maybe some pics of the unit at work since there aint much reviews about.

dark defender

Post by dark defender » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:44 am

I was wondering if the D-Link DSM-330 is supported with TwonkyVision.
The DSM-330 or DIVX Connected comes with the DIVX Connect (divx Media server) and will work only with that Media server.
I have tried using Media 11 Tversity with no luck.
I have spoken to D-Link technical support and they were very helpfull they confirmed that the DSM-330 will work only with DIVX media server however the unit is Linux based so it could be modified.

agent_paul

Post by agent_paul » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:26 pm

dark defender wrote:I was wondering if the D-Link DSM-330 is supported with TwonkyVision.
The DSM-330 or DIVX Connected comes with the DIVX Connect (divx Media server) and will work only with that Media server.
I have tried using Media 11 Tversity with no luck.
I have spoken to D-Link technical support and they were very helpfull they confirmed that the DSM-330 will work only with DIVX media server however the unit is Linux based so it could be modified.
yup this seems to be true. over at connunity.com ive been told that the menu gets streamed as well as the video content.

so if we were to use twonky we'd have no menus!

so in the end, in my situation i would have content from my NAS sent to my pc which has the connect server installed, which then needs to send over the video content over to the player. just abit too much work to get content on tv aint it?