DirecTV HR20-100, DNS-323 and Twonky???

D-Link specific stuff goes here
dcarlson4
DirecTV HR20-100, DNS-323 and Twonky???

Post by dcarlson4 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:53 am

I'm looking at trying to set up Twonky on a DNS-323 to stream to a DirecTV HR20-100 DVR. I know based on my research that I'm going to have to use the LPCM addon to accomplish this and have found it does work as I have set up Twonky with LPCM on my linux box. I also know that an ARM version of the plugin has not been created for download and that I'll have to set up a cross-compiler to be able to compile it.

My current setup is a fairly vanilla DNS-323 with telnet enabled and the latest version of Twonky for the DNS-323 installed. In it's current configuration, it streams fine to my PS3, but I want it to stream to my DVR.

The question I have is are there any dependencies on other modules/libraries or do I just need to compile the plugin?

Thanks
dC

dcarlson4

Post by dcarlson4 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:29 pm

I've successfully built lame and the cgi-lame plugin for use on the DNS-323 using the uClibc toolchain.

It appears to transcode the file just fine as I find a cached transcoded file, however it I hear nothing on the HR20. If I manually run cgi-lame, it appears to transcode the file very slowly.

Anyone know how to speed up the transcoding process?