DNS 323 : Cannot See Files

D-Link specific stuff goes here
dhuskiss
AV Hardware:dns 323 playstation3
DNS 323 : Cannot See Files

Post by dhuskiss » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:55 am

All. I am tearing my hair out! Have installed twonky media server on my DNS 323. Shared a folder. Accessed it via my PS3. Guess What? It tells me there are no images in the directory. There are several movies in there......anyone got any ideas?

thanks. DH

Oli
AV Hardware:DNS 323 + Philips WAS 7000

Re: DNS 323 : Cannot See Files

Post by Oli » Sat May 09, 2009 4:53 pm

dhuskiss wrote:All. I am tearing my hair out! Have installed twonky media server on my DNS 323. Shared a folder. Accessed it via my PS3. Guess What? It tells me there are no images in the directory. There are several movies in there......anyone got any ideas?

thanks. DH
Hi
I use Dns 323 with TMS 5.0.55 with a philips WAS 7000. I have no problem with my MP3, perhaps the problem is your PS3 ?
Oli

beezeebee
AV Hardware:DNS-323, DSM-320

Post by beezeebee » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:12 am

I too have the same "hair-pulling" problem. Everything is fine, but files don't show! :evil:

I'm running Twonky Server 5.1.. on a DNS-323.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

sjohn
AV Hardware:fg

Post by sjohn » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:52 am

Hi,
My macbook cannot see the D-Link DNS 323 under "Shared" list in Finder program.
The NAS is up as I can go to the web console page, and also can ping the IP.
Anyone has idea what is the problem? I have restarted NAS, and also my Macbook, but still cannot see it.
Thanks.

PeeBee
AV Hardware:Buffalo LS Pro; PS3; Samsung LE37B650

Post by PeeBee » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:05 pm

Is your mac listed on the clients/security page of the Twonky config web pages? Is it selected (box ticked)?

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

kleczerx
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-509
D-Link DNS323

Post by kleczerx » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:49 am

To see newly copied media or other files on your DLink, Server (e.g. QNAP TS509), your PC/Mac and finally via the Playstation 3 player (PS3) on you TV do the following.

Generally newly copied files should be viewed properly the next day. But, if you need to immediately see your files after doing a copy then find how to do a 'refresh' on the server/Dlink. If you use the Media Player in Windows to interface PS3, open the Media Player program and watch the bottom right-corner for the information to clear or state finish. On opening the Media Player you will see "Retreival..." or "Updating..." flowing by as an indication that the data list is being updated now. If you have a PS3 opened you will need to reboot the unit AFTER the Media Player has completed its update; otherwise do not open the PS3 until the Media Player has completed. PS3 is dependant on a database file-list produced by the Media Player; this is what needs to be refreshed or updated.

For DLink login to your unit and find "Advanced > UPnP Server" and click the refresh button. This refreshes the DLink database file-list.

For any server: Investigate where the internal program permits a refresh. Some servers use TwonkyMedia, if so do this...
In TwonkyMedia, click the icon with the circle & wrench > click maintence > click rescan content directories.
If you are not using your server at the time, pressing "Rebuild" will close all activities and completely rebuild the whole database. With the Media Player refresh and the reboot of the PS3 you will definitely see any new media files just copied.

jorgepp
AV Hardware:maletero

Post by jorgepp » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:44 am

Hello,
My macbook cannot see the D-Link DNS 323 under "Shared" list in Finder program.
The NAS is up as I can go to the web console page, and also can ping the IP.
Anyone has idea what is the problem? I have restarted NAS, and also my Macbook, but still cannot see it.
Thanks.