WDTV Live Plus; Video wont start playing.

pallaire
AV Hardware:WDTV Live Plus
WDTV Live Plus; Video wont start playing.

Post by pallaire » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:38 pm

Hello

I just got a WDTV Live Plus. I have upgraded it to the latest FW which is : 1.06.16 (8/2011)

I have installed the latest TwonkyManager on a Windows 7 Home 64 bits.

The WDTV and my Windows 7 are both connected by wires over a gigabit network.

From the WDTV, I can find the media server, browse the movies ... but when I want to play any of them, all I see is the waiting circle, the video wont start playing.

I have tried many different (and standard) file format ! These file are playing fine on my device if I put them on an USB stick.

What should I be looking for ?

Thanks

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: WDTV Live Plus; Video wont start playing.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:48 pm

Keep in mind that some devices use different player software for local playback via USB than they use for network playback via UPnP. That might explain why you are seeing a difference. Normally the WD is good about playing most formats, but it doesn't play everything. This sounds to me like a player issue and not a server issue. Can you let me know what codecs and file extentions the problem files have?

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

pallaire

Post by pallaire » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:50 pm

I am at work right now, I will verify tonight, but from the top of my head, I tried :

AVI with : DIVX and XVID
H264
MPG

Really regular stuff

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:15 pm

Have you tried pulling the files with your WD remote as well? Do you know if the MPEG files are MPEG-1 or MPEG-2?

- Rick

pallaire

Post by pallaire » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Hello,

After reinstalling and rebooting every device this morning it is working ! So dont know what was wrong :? Probably some windows ****.

My problems was happening with pulling, I don't understand the use of the pushing feature! Why would I want to get out of my couch to go to the computer to push a movie back to the living room system !?!?! ... I guess you would want to do that if your only computer is a laptop !

So my problem was a false alarm ... sorry everybody.

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Thanks for letting us know it's working now. :)

Some people prefer to push files from their phone, tablet or laptop. Others prefer to pull them. Obviously we support both methods.

- Rick

Wires
AV Hardware:PS3

Post by Wires » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:28 am

I've had that a couple of times with the WD Live. It seems to be an issue with the WD, not Twonky. If I reboot the WD unit (just power on/off with the remote), then it's fine.

It'll sometimes not play the audio track through Netflix as well, and requires a reboot.

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:51 am

Thanks for sharing this info.

- Rick