No music files on Sony BDP-S580

Jeffgo
AV Hardware:Windows 7, Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S580
No music files on Sony BDP-S580

Post by Jeffgo » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:17 pm

I have tried several DLNA servers, and while I like Twonky because the Media Controllor (using an Ipad2 app) displays my large library quickly, and has useful categories (plus customizable), almost none of my music is playable! Every other server can play the CDs I ripped using WMA lossless on the Sony Blu-Ray.

What do I need to do make this work? I'm only interested in the music files at this point.

Help! :cry:

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: No music files on Sony BDP-S580

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:19 am

Sounds like your device might not support the Windows lossless format. The reason it's working on some of the other servers is probably because they are transcoding to a format it supports (e.g. linear or MP3). TwonkyServer can do that as well if you follow these instructions. http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 714#p22749

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

Jeffgo
AV Hardware:Windows 7, Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S580

Post by Jeffgo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:24 am

Thank you but I am still not having any luck. This requires a lot of assembly and not very good documenation. From what I can gather I need all of the following:
1) an app that can do the transcoding. I have tried mplayer/mencoder, ffmpeg and vlc with no luck on any of them. Trying to get just ffmpeg working.

2) editing the .location file as instructed - that at least is straightforward

3) trying to figure out the .desc files - here's ffmpeg-wma-lpcm.desc
# transcode video (wma to lpcm)
#(c) 2008 by PacketVideo
exec: ffmpeg -i $infile -f s16be $outfile
# capabilities
from=audio/x-ms-wma
to=audio/L16
dlnaprofile=LPCM
asynchronous

4) modifying the clients.db databse because it does not show my player as supporting audio. I added the MT: line which I think is supposed to force transcoding? and MP3, LCMD at the end of the TR: line.

NA:Sony Blu-Ray Player
HH:Blu-ray Disc Player
XM:DLNA15
TR:JPEGORG,JPEG160x160,JPEG640x480,JPEG1024x768,JPEG1920x1080,MP3,LPCM
FR:video/avi:MPEG_PS_PAL,video/avi:MPEG_PS_NTSC
MT:wma audio/x-ms-wma
DB:AUTO

So what am I still not getting? Do I have to tell it to use ffmpeg?

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:29 am

Sadly I don't have a solution for you. You may want to post this question in the server section of this forum because that section gets more traffic from people who are using transcoding.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/