Squeezebox Users?

AndrewFG
AV Hardware:Sony Bravia KDL40Z4500
Squeezebox Users?

Post by AndrewFG » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:15 pm

Are there any / many people here who use or would like to use Twonky with Logitech Squeezebox players?

The reason why I ask is that I am the author of Whitebear which provides a UPnP / DLNA overlay to the Squeezebox world that allows UPnP / DLNA control points to Play To Squeezebox players. And I am interested to know if Twonky users have any experience of it.

BDI
AV Hardware:Sony BDP-S370 (Firmware M03.R.742),
Twonky Server 6.0.32

Re: Squeezebox Users?

Post by BDI » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi, I tried Twonky Mobile for Android as a DLNA control point. My Squeezebox Boom is found by Twonky and can be used as a Player. But when Twonky sends and MP3 or FLAC file to the Squeezebox Boom, the Squeezebox Boom only displays the title of the song and an error message "Dataset type can not be played".
By the way, as long as any Squeezebox device still needs a Logitech Server, it makes no sense for me to use Twonky as a control point to Squeezebox.

AndrewFG
AV Hardware:Sony Bravia KDL40Z4500

Re: Squeezebox Users?

Post by AndrewFG » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:19 am

BDI wrote:Hi, I tried Twonky Mobile for Android as a DLNA control point. My Squeezebox Boom is found by Twonky and can be used as a Player. But when Twonky sends and MP3 or FLAC file to the Squeezebox Boom, the Squeezebox Boom only displays the title of the song and an error message "Dataset type can not be played".
SBS has its own UPnP / DLNA server plugin which is not very good. Try turning off that plugin and install Whitebear on the PC where SBS is running. Then you will probably be able to play the track Play To "your player (by Whitebear)".
BDI wrote:By the way, as long as any Squeezebox device still needs a Logitech Server, it makes no sense for me to use Twonky as a control point to Squeezebox.
Unfortunately that will never be possible. The players depend on the server like a mother ship.