Sony PSP - Have Sony missed a trick?

Sony PSP - Ultimate UPnP rendering device?

Yep
57%
Nope
No votes
Unsure
43%

Total votes: 7

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.
Sony PSP - Have Sony missed a trick?

Post by mgillespie » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:47 am

With it's 802.11b wifi, lovely screen, capable video and audio hardware, this would make an extermely cool UPnP rendering device.

In fact, who needs any of the current products, if Sony did implement, UPnP rendering on the PSP, it would be the absolute killer hardware, ipod and Creative Video Zen killer, and in 1 hit, + it plays games....

Am I the only person that can see the massive potential of having my entire video, audio and picture collection available anywhere within my home wireless networks reach?

How cool would this be?

gonzo

Re: Sony PSP - Have Sony missed a trick?

Post by gonzo » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:13 pm

mgillespie wrote:How cool would this be?
The only application I can think of would have to be watching **** clips and masturbating in the closet. :lol:

Sorry for the rude post but when I'm at home I have a computer in some rooms and a tv in even more. Why would I also need a PORTABLE UPNP client with a screen attached?
It would be just plain pointless IMHO

wideasleep1

Post by wideasleep1 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:17 am

Cuz it's geekie! 8)

Cobra

Post by Cobra » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:37 am

because youd rather hand around a small device with home videos on it, then bore all to death, this way home videos, and piczures could be made attractive...

yep, this would certainly move the psp up