Omnifi DMS1 song progress not working

Do you think the on-the-fly playlist is a good idea?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1

nevertooloud
Omnifi DMS1 song progress not working

Post by nevertooloud » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:21 am

I am running TwonkyMusic 4.1 on Fedora 6. I have two Omnifi DMS1 with the latest (that's not sayng much) firmware. In general, everthing works great - I am very happy with how the system works. Previously I used simplecenter on Win XP, and when I played any MP3 song, the DMS1 would show a progress bar indicating how much of the song had played. This gave me a good idea on when to hit play to play the next song. I would play a song, and while that song is playing, browse for something to play next. When I found the next song I want to listen to, I would wait for the last song to finish, then hit play.

When playing from the Twonky server, the progress bar on the Omnifi does not work. Any idea how to get this working? I can provide wireshark traces if anyone is interested.

Ideally, I would like a juke box mode. Its a hassle waiting for a song to end to play the next song. It would be nice if there was an option that que'd up songs each time play is requested _and_ a song is already playing rather than stopping the current song and playing the new song. This would let several people at a party to pick out a song(s) to play, and Twonky would create a play list on the fly. If Twonky can do this, then the progress bar is not really needed. It would be really great If the list could be created/edited on the fly from the webserver while the Streamer is playing the list. If in this mode and the user-selected list runs out, start playing from all songs at random.