XBox 360 and Twonky- how?

Kyruss
XBox 360 and Twonky- how?

Post by Kyruss » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:06 pm

Hello,

sorry to open a new topic, but till now, I could not find a Answer to my question / problem. :?

How to I get the 360 to see the server, I think that should use the same Option as if I would connet to a PC with Media Connect, but if i select this the Box can't find a PC and want's to test the Configuration. Thats all.

I also found several topics where a untold 'friendly' name is mentioned. Is there a special 'friendly' name, cause I did not see a real sample. At the moment I'm using 'Media_Server'.

BTW, I'm using the newest Version of Twonky Media and the Box has also all Updates.

I got my Noxon2, PS3, PSP and other Devices to work, but about the 360... Nothing had worked right now.

Is there a existing HowTo or something like this?

THX

Kyruss

cliffa
AV Hardware:Server: Qnap TS-409
Clients: PS3, Xbox360, DSM-520, Archos 605, Nokia N95, Kodak EasyShare EX1011 , Momento Picture Frame, NetGem 7600, Sony Vaio WA1.

Post by cliffa » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:42 pm

I'm not convinced there isn't an issue with getting the Xbox360 to connect with the latest version of Twonky as I too now can't connect with my Xbox360. I've been updating the server as I just got a PS3 aswell, that can connect to the server. The configuration was completely defaulted when installing the new version, which is running on a LInkStation PPC.

Anyone else?

siezear

Post by siezear » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:06 pm

Don't know if anyone is still looking at these posts - but my xbox360 sees my Twonky v4.4 server running on Linkstation live (using Linkstation pro version) .

It plays photos, music and video fine.

Cheers

jg400

Post by jg400 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:42 pm

I have had no problems with the 360 , the key is to make sure it can see bog standard media player first , if it can see that then you know you are ok ,then switch off the media player sharing, make sure that the firewall has twonkymediaserver (its best to browse to it while adding it) in the exceptions list, if I remember this is key , as by default it only adds twonkymedia (I think :? ) , then I always connect from the 360 using the add computer option and it should auto detect the twonkyserver