Western Digital My Book World

firedog
Western Digital My Book World

Post by firedog » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:02 pm

This is a UpNP device. Does anyone know if it will work with Twonky?

Thanks

hyme2469

twonky & Western Digital My Book World Edition II

Post by hyme2469 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:05 am

I was just looking & a "Western Digital My Book World Edition II 1TB NAS"
Model: WDG2NC10000N

Decided to come here and find out if it would work with twonky or if it would even be a decent media server.

Let us both know.

fatima5
AV Hardware:many

Re: Western Digital My Book World

Post by fatima5 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:01 am

I am a big reader and some books that I want to read are in ebook form. However, I don't know how to go about getting an ebook. Can anyone help?

Ranger69
AV Hardware:HTC Hero Android Now Network
Mac ProBook Lepard Snow 10.6
VmWare on MAC and PC
Windows 7 x 64 bit
Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router

Re: Western Digital My Book World Overview

Post by Ranger69 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:44 am

Yes, I'm using the 1TB White Light Network Storage from Western Digital My Book World, which has Twonky Media pre installed for private networks.

Device is connected to wireless router via ethernet....assigned internal ip, Doesn't pick up External IP as you probably will notice Twonky Media Servers do on most devices....

Currently, all wireless devices are accessing this device both wired and wireless devices: MAC/PC/PS3/iPod Touch/HTC Hero and HTC Diamond

All devices as media receivers are receiving streaming surprisingly well on linksys wrt160n draft n technologies.

It has both an iTunes Server and Media Server Ability.

Time Machine Backups up to the Devices with minimal issues....(only major issue is that Time Machine will try to hog entire drive, despite trying to use Quota Services)

Thus, far .avi, divx, xvid, and 720p vidz are a go! (minimal stuttering and jumping)

MAC and PC are able to see each other and transfer files between Network Storage Shared Folders or directly.

Downfalls

GUI Admin Pages are very slow, but network services are pretty good.

I can hit the device from outside my personal network, and get a couple pages into Twonky Media Server before the external and internal ip address translation fails. MIONET software is provided to access the device, but I'm not happy with this set up. (Should have read the fine print on the box!)

So, Overall, I'm satisfied, but really wish I could access my media server and network folders from outside my network without having to remote desktop or vpn.

Cronos
AV Hardware:Wester Digital (My Book World Edition Network Storage)
Sony Bravia 40XBR9
Sony Playstation 3
Palm Pre cel phone
Ithouch

Re: Western Digital My Book World

Post by Cronos » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:29 am

You forgot to say that it is not compatible with some Sony Bravia TVs (only the videos). See the whole discussion in this forum: Streaming from my WHS to a DLNA-compliant Sony XBR9 TV