Phd Chat Room

jackstayquote
AV Hardware: AV

Phd Chat Room

Post by jackstayquote » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:34 am

Hello All,
Do you want to start a PhD chat room, to help each other and please let us keep it formal and help each other, am sure there are many lonely confused PhDs out there.

It would be good to announce a subject every week or so, and we can arrange a meeting sometime of the week to suggest helpful hints and post it here, so that everyone can read it.

what do you think guys, let me know.

danielhowell
AV Hardware: 72365ASHXC^%$$#w

Re: Phd Chat Room

Post by danielhowell » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:35 am

If I remember correctly, there is actually an MSN chatroom that you can participate in if you use Microsoft Messenger, specifically for PhD students. You could always create your own too, as you're suggesting, and get like minded people to join :-)

headdressantics
AV Hardware: dghdfjhtdyu u yu yuery urtsy wt srtyg adrtgaertg bjuierduy

Post by headdressantics » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:35 am

danielhowell wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:35 am
If I remember correctly, there is actually an MSN chatroom that you can participate in if you use Microsoft Messenger, specifically for PhD students. You could always create your own too, as you're suggesting, and get like minded people to join :-)

Can I be a helpful user too? Wal refuses to give me any stars because he is obsessed with his VIP status :-(

Have you tried PhD comics - I think they have a forum and possibly a chat room as well as funny comics!

emergencycoathanger
AV Hardware: SAFGAHG SAFASDGSD BSGHBVX SGDFHDFZH DHGNDG FGHFG FGFB GFBVBJT5D GRBDFG DVFRT RGCF

Post by emergencycoathanger » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:35 am

Are you in search of the right PhD thesis statement? does one would like analytical or informative thesis writing facilitate from qualified researchers? Then you’re within the right place. Projectsdeal provides 100 percent original research! result's all that matters.You need a well-planned thesis proposal to draw a transparent sketch of your analysis topic. an in depth and literate thesis proposal also will reveal your objectives, literature review, analysis methodologies and analysis analysis. At Projectsdeal, we'll make sure that your thesis proposal is correct and contains the desired data.

If you want to know more details please visit here phd thesis writing services

jackstayquote
AV Hardware: AV

Post by jackstayquote » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:42 am

of course, I have just voted for you. I am a bit surprised you people taking it very seriously.

any way, I know the phdcomics, I don't think they have a live chat room? it is only comics and some forum, besides it is in America, it feels better to have one for this community?
I don't know about others, am doing Biochemistry, and sometimes (well most of the times) the experiments go wrong, it would be nice to have a group to analyse the protocols and find out what went wrong?

danielhowell
AV Hardware: 72365ASHXC^%$$#w

Post by danielhowell » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:42 am

jackstayquote wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:42 am
of course, I have just voted for you. I am a bit surprised you people taking it very seriously.

any way, I know the phdcomics, I don't think they have a live chat room? it is only comics and some forum, besides it is in America, it feels better to have one for this community?
I don't know about others, am doing Biochemistry, and sometimes (well most of the times) the experiments go wrong, it would be nice to have a group to analyse the protocols and find out what went wrong?

Yes please don't worry. Have you been able to find out yet which one you submitted? If it comes to it and you can't resubmit at this stage then you need to just do what pm133 says, and take the changes/updates along to the viva. Then if they ask you a question and it pertains to a part you updated, you would just explain that. So at the start of the viva, you can just explain your mistake, apologise for any inconvenience, and say that you might need to update them on certain parts/changes as you go through the viva. The bottom line is the actual essence of your thesis won't have changed.

headdressantics
AV Hardware: dghdfjhtdyu u yu yuery urtsy wt srtyg adrtgaertg bjuierduy

Post by headdressantics » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:42 am

Identify a key sentence on one of the pages which you know are different in the two versions.
Then ask your internal to urgently compare with the external ASAP to see there's a match.
Raising a flag might then allow you the opportunity to re-send the thesis.

The key thing is to stop thinking and worrying about it and get the phone call made.
Today if possible.