Sony CPF-IX001 hangs when Loading Media Server

ssaslavsky
Sony CPF-IX001 hangs when Loading Media Server

Post by ssaslavsky » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:00 am

Hi,
I have a brand new Sony CPF-IX001 that I try to connect to Twonky.
From the Player Menu I'm able to select my Twonky Server, after that it keeps flashing "Loading" for about 30 minutes, then goes back to the server selection (sometimes keeps flashing "Loading" until I stop it manually)
If I select another server, like M-crew Server. It works fine
I update the CPF-IX001 firmware from 1.00A to 2.50A. Same problem.
TwonkyMedia Version is 4.4 running on a HP Mediavault with Firmware 1.3.5.9
From the Twonky configuration Page I select the Client as "Sony CPF-IX001". I have to do it manually since it was detected as "Generic DNLA 1.0"

Did anyone succeed in setting up the CPF-IX001 with Twonky?
Anyone with the same problem?

All suggestions are welcome.

/Sergio

mikegooder

Post by mikegooder » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:39 pm

Did you ever sort this?
I have the same problem with a Linksys NAS200

Cheers
Mike

heiko
AV Hardware:Roku Soundbridge M1001
Noxon 2
Sony CPF IX001

Re: Sony CPF-IX001 hangs when Loading Media Server

Post by heiko » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:03 am

Same problem here - buyed a CPF-IX001 last days and tryed to connect it with Twonky (last version, installed on PIII-1GHz with XP).
I found the hint with copying lame to the cgi-bin-directory, but that doesn't change anything.
The IX001 finds the Twonky-Server, but brings a "Server Err" or "loading" endless.
I tried firmware 1.00, 2.02A, 2.50A - allways the same.

Installing the M-Crew-Server parallel to Twonky works - the IX001 plays correct and my other players (Roku Soundbridge) regocnize the M-Crew-Server too and play fine with it.

But i like Twonky more and do have more features and options with it.

I can not believe that Twonky has been tested with the CPF-IX001 (the pulldown-menu in Twonky suggests that).
Sony is one of the companies that created the DLNA-standard and Sony says claims that the CPF-IX001 is DLNA-compliant.
Twonky claims DLNA-compliance too - but both don't work togehter.

regards,

Heiko

a18041967
AV Hardware:Sony CPF-IX001

Post by a18041967 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:36 pm

I'm experiencing similar problems, but I'm now begining to think the problem is with the Sony not TWONKY, like others my Sony finds the server and sit there just 'Loading' but I get the same result when connecting to my Synology NAS, M-Crew is OK.

So in ony M-Crew server works, Twonky & NAS devices seem to fail.

mikegooder

Post by mikegooder » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:45 pm

The problem is we sit in the middle not being able to do anything
Sony just say it's twonky thats wrong
Twonky just say and i quote "if Generic DLNA 1.0 does not work we can not work with this client" !! then why is it in their list of clients!!

Once a again a "standard" which looked like it was going to provide great things appears to be worthless.
The only way to guarantee items work together is to stick to one manufacture!!

Disappointed
Mike

steve0
AV Hardware:AV hardware

Post by steve0 » Tue May 06, 2008 5:35 am

I like Twonky more and do have more features and options with it.

rjenkins
AV Hardware:Sony CPF-IX001

Post by rjenkins » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi,
anyone else got any further with the IX001?

I've been experimenting with mine over the last couple of days.
It works, with limits.

The device type in Twonky server setup has to be the 'Generic Media Receiver', setting the Sony model number just stops it dead.

The really big problem seems to be the number of audio tracks or items in the library. I've not pinned down an exact number, but it's relatively small, which is probably why it does not work on a typical collection.

I added all my media in the server setup to start with & the IX001 just kept giving the 'Loading' message or going back to the server menu.

I thought it may be the video stuff that it did not like so removed all the video folders.
It started working - then I realised I'd added the wrong Albums folder, it was one I use for new CDs while I check the titles & tags etc. and only had two albums in it.

I changed to the proper albums folder and the thing stopped working again.

After a few more tests it works fine with tens of tracks (< 100) and does not work with 2,200 tracks (my smallest album set folder).

I'll do some more tests when I get chance & see if I can find the actual limiting value.

This does pose a problem in that it appears you cannot use Twonky server for both an IX001 and a generic home server system, unless the IX001 could be limited to a single collection folder somehow so you could put a limited set of files in a dedicated location for it.