PS3 and Twonky - Video Streaming

sean0connor
PS3 and Twonky - Video Streaming

Post by sean0connor » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:50 pm

Hello All,

I have opened this topic to discuss the PS3 and Tonky Server video streaming capabilities. I find lots of information strewn over different sites with regards to what can and cannot be supported and thought this would be a good place to discuss real user experiences and solutions.

I would certainly like to see Twonky be the most functional PS3 Media Server. A number of reasons behind this other that I own a license for Twonky :-).

Twonky installs on Network Attached storage devices allowing you to have the functionality of a Media Server without leaving a Server on. This can be seen on the likes of the QNAP and Infrant NAS device to mention just two.

Now wouldn't it be nice to have your DVD collection available from your PS3 via your Network Attached Storage !!

Kind Regards
Sean

falcon

Post by falcon » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:02 am

Hi,

what are you going to achieve with your post?

Video streaming of Twonky to PS3 is butter smooth for me. The limited DVD support is PS3's fault and most unsupported video formats will go away anyway.

sean0connor

PS 3 and Video Streaming

Post by sean0connor » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:38 am

Hello,

This problem was resolved with the PS3 firware update 2.01. I tried to put a poll in here but it did not work. Sorry for the confusion as I had a post in another section, and this is where the resolution was discussed:-

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4215

Kind Regards,
Sean