EX811 picture frame

Schmiddy123
EX811 picture frame

Post by Schmiddy123 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:00 pm

Hi!

I'm planning to buy a Kodak EX811 picture frame, I'm running Twonky on the QNAP TS-109 Pro.

I know that I can play pictures and videos on the frame from twonky, but is it also possible to play internet radio on this frame?

Chris

BrilliantTrees

Post by BrilliantTrees » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:22 pm

Hi Chris

Check out my other post on this subject detailed below.

I'm also running a QNAP TS109 (although not the Pro Version) I can't get the Kodak to work with Twonky so if you are set on the idea of streaming your photos around the house as I am then proceed with caution and make sure you buy from a place that will accept returns on the Kodak - if you are UK based Currys are a good starting bet as they have a 28 day exchange/refund policy if all is not well. On the other hand if you've cracked this and know how to make them work together then it would be great if you can let us in on the secret.

Cheers

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=16200#16200

Rob79
AV Hardware:Promise NS4300N NAS, Kodak EX-1011, PS3, HTPC

Re: EX811 picture frame

Post by Rob79 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:25 pm

Kodak reseting, all I have been able to find is that it resets if I stream from my NAS but does not if I use my HTPC with Vista, also if I stream from my nas through my HTPC it does not reboot then also. I have also tried Kodak support with no help. Let me know if you have found anything, but if you have an open NAS I would suggest you try FUPPES or another streaming NAS app.

Benneton
AV Hardware:Buffalo Terastation, firmware 2.17 login enabled. Twonky 4.17
Kodak EX811
Philips SL400i
Sonos ZP90
Tangent Quattro MKII

Re: EX811 picture frame

Post by Benneton » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:35 am

I have the frame working with Twonky, that runs on by Buffalo Terestation.
But I am not happy with the stabilty, lots of disconnects and the frame does not
automatically connects to my wireless lan and then to Twonky. Everytime it loses
connection (about every hour or sooner) I have to manually reconnect and browse
to the folder where the pictures are for the frame.
I complained about this with Kodak but no solution.
Running the latest firmware (October 2007). I had hopped for a new firmware that would solve the
connection problem or at least make the frame connect automatically.
For me the frame is currently gathering dust.....