PS3 there are no titles

MacBandit
PS3 there are no titles

Post by MacBandit » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:21 pm

I just updated my YellowMachine to Twonky 4.4.3.1 . Before I updated the PS3 displayed all my videos but none of them were playable (due to the format). After updating I added new titles using Handbrake and the default PS3 setting to try out. However since the update when I click on the server from the PS3 all it will display is text saying "no titles available". All the videos are available if I access the server through my browser on my computer but again not on the PS3.

Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions. I'm assuming it's a setting in the media server but after spending an hour trouble shooting the settings I haven't found out what's causing the problem.

donnymac

Re: PS3 there are no titles

Post by donnymac » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:35 pm

MacBandit wrote:I just updated my YellowMachine to Twonky 4.4.3.1 . Before I updated the PS3 displayed all my videos but none of them were playable (due to the format). After updating I added new titles using Handbrake and the default PS3 setting to try out. However since the update when I click on the server from the PS3 all it will display is text saying "no titles available". All the videos are available if I access the server through my browser on my computer but again not on the PS3.

Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions. I'm assuming it's a setting in the media server but after spending an hour trouble shooting the settings I haven't found out what's causing the problem.
I'm experiencing the exact same thing. :(

npw

Post by npw » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:41 pm

I had this problem when I first got twonkymedia set up. All I had to do is make sure that under Clients/Security in twonkymedia settings, my linkstation IP was set to PS3 rather than Generic Media Receiver (the default). See if this is true of yours?

MacBandit

Post by MacBandit » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:13 am

npw wrote:I had this problem when I first got twonkymedia set up. All I had to do is make sure that under Clients/Security in twonkymedia settings, my linkstation IP was set to PS3 rather than Generic Media Receiver (the default). See if this is true of yours?
I'll check that when I get home though I'm pretty sure that it is.

MacBandit

Post by MacBandit » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:37 am

Odd but I hadn't checked the media server in a couple weeks and now it's working the way it was before. I can see all my videos once a again but none of the videos are playable on the PS3. Well at least it's a small step.

npw

Post by npw » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:25 pm

It does seem to have a few quirks, mine sometimes disconnects from the PS3though I can't seem to emulate it as and when I want to. But if you also make sure your ps3 is upto date, as I think DivX was only added fairly recently. There's nothing else I can think of, all I did was update both twonkymedia and the ps3, set the client type correctly based on the ps3's IP address.
Good luck :-)

MacBandit

Post by MacBandit » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:44 pm

npw wrote:It does seem to have a few quirks, mine sometimes disconnects from the PS3though I can't seem to emulate it as and when I want to. But if you also make sure your ps3 is upto date, as I think DivX was only added fairly recently. There's nothing else I can think of, all I did was update both twonkymedia and the ps3, set the client type correctly based on the ps3's IP address.
Good luck :-)
Yeah I'm completely up to date on the PS3 and Twonky. I suspect some of my problem is the Yellow Machine. The interface for Twonky on the Yellow Machine doesn't give you the option to put in the PS3 though it does recognize that it's connected on it's own.

Maybe I'll sell the Yellow Machine and find something else to use.