MusicPal, Twonky and track order

jan_1923
MusicPal, Twonky and track order

Post by jan_1923 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:35 pm

Hello,

i have just added to my two MP101 running wired on an NSLU2 with twonky 4.4 under unslung 5.5 (for the disk spin down reason the 5.5) this slick and nice new MusicPal made by Freecom.

I really like this thing, wakes you up, comes with a mono speaker, offers chinch out, RSS feed displaying, headphone output etc., basically all that you need besides the bed at around 100EUR...

BUT

the XXXX thing is not able to sort the tracks per number but only alphabetical... what this means one can easily imagine.

I have searched and found this topic 4155 on altering the clients.db with some XM values. Tried this without success.

I also found this post:
google.com/group/freecom-musicpal-owners-group-fmog/browse_thread/thread/94cec3f93b009da9
there it is stated that this "feature" is a bug of the MusicPal.

So here the questions:
a) is there anyone having overcome this issue through a "backdoor" without changing the ID3 Tags of thousands of files ?
b) will there be a future twonky version that might be able to cascade the music tree with respect to the track numbas ?

THX in advance and best regards

Jan

jan_1923

Re: MusicPal, Twonky and track order

Post by jan_1923 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:45 pm

The problem is gone with newer versions of the MusicPals firmware (i.e. 1.46 and 1.47) !

Jan