Latest TWONKYMEDIA and PS3 updates, songs stop playing

SNIFFER_dog
Latest TWONKYMEDIA and PS3 updates, songs stop playing

Post by SNIFFER_dog » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:46 am

I have the latest PS3 update and the latest version of TWONKYMEDIA with a full licence, I am now finding that my songs on the mediaserver, most of them not all, stop playing a few seconds into the song when streamed over my network and played on the PS3.

When played via my laptop or PC running windows, they seam to work fine. When I copy an offending song to my PS3 it then plays correctly.

I have a Thecus N4100Plus NAS box with TWONKYMEDIA installed on it, playing over a 1GB network with a netgear 1GB switch and a Negear DG834N router.

Any tips as to how to solve this. Anyone else have this problem?

I may try the last version of TWONKY and see if i get a problem with the music with that, but obviously I will not be able to play as much video on that version.

SNIFF

Caoimhghin

Post by Caoimhghin » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:04 pm

I have the same problem, but only with wma files, mp3 files are fine. This was introduced with the 2.10 firmware release by Sony. This problem was not evident before this! I have 4.4.2 version of TwonkyMedia installed on a LaCie NAS drive.

Strangely, I have found that in some instances re-encoding the file to wma again solves this, but for others this makes no difference. So you either wait for a new patch from whoever or re-encode all music to mp3.

SNIFFER_dog

Post by SNIFFER_dog » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:35 am

Yes i can now confirm you are correct, I have noticed this. I have not tried to re-encode though. also see my post here:

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4560