Revo Blik WiFi

MikeMusic
Revo Blik WiFi

Post by MikeMusic » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:30 am

I tried to connect to twonky 4.4.2 using a Revo Blik Wifi but there is some trouble:
I can connect and browse the advertised music folders/songs but when I try to select one for playing the revo blik remains in connecting state without playing a single note (a noxon iRadio plays without trouble).
So I wonder if there needs to be something tweaked on the twonky or is it something on the blik side which needs to be modified?

murrayfleming

Reciva Firmware Issue?

Post by murrayfleming » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:22 am

The Revo Blik seems to be based, like a lot of other internet radios, on the Reciva chipset. I've seen the exact same problem you're experiencing posted on the Reciva forum, but only on an Intempo unit:

https://www.reciva.com/index.php?option ... 3#msg11351

I was actually going to buy an Intempo, but I steered clear after seeing the above post. In the end I went for a Roberts WM-201 (or Sangean WFR-20 outside the UK), which also uses the Reciva chip. I made this choice as Twonkyvision is mentioned as being a possible UPNP server on the Roberts website. Thankfully I can get playback from my Twonky/Roberts combination just fine, so this might indicate that the problem is with the Reciva firmware version that the non Roberts radios are using....

I think that a lot of these companies selling internet radios only test the UPNP side of things with Windows Media Player 11 :(

However, there still might be something that the guys at Twonky could do, try emailing them a log file, and see if they can figure out what is happening.

MikeMusic

Post by MikeMusic » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:20 pm

I also did some research in meantime and found some posting which said that selecting Oxx Alto as device (supported in latest Twonky 4.4.4) could solve the issue for some Reciva devices.
Actually the twonky recognizes the Blik as Oxx Alto automatically but unfortunately it does not solve the issue...

So I am not sure whether this is an blik firmware issue or can be solved on the twonky side.