Newbie to UPnP AV

slablanc
Newbie to UPnP AV

Post by slablanc » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:45 pm

I recently purchased a LaCie 320gig disk mini. My thinking was that I could now stream music from this NAS drive to my Xbox 360 or TiVo without the use of a computer.

After doing some initial research I was suddenly thrown into a world of UPnP AV and discovered I didn't know as much as I thought I did.

After doing repeated searches I was brought to TwonkyVision and am now presented with what I think would be a reasonable solution to my problem and growing confusion.

Most of the talk on the forum are a bit over my head for the moment and I'm not finding a newbie oriented faq or anything that translates to an easy answer.

1. Using TwonkyVision software can I stream music from my LaCie to my Xbox 360 or Tivo without the use of a computer?

2. I've read on the forums that LaCie is a supported device. Does TwonkyVision come preinstalled or is there an installation process that I have to follow.

3. Is there a faq or thread that I might have missed that will give me a run down of how someone new to this technology might gain some additional understanding.

Thanks for your help and if I missed a previous thread my apologies.

banu

Post by banu » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:49 pm

2. I've read on the forums that LaCie is a supported device. Does TwonkyVision come preinstalled or is there an installation process that I have to follow.

LaCie Ethernet Disk (Big or Mini) have Twonky already installed so no installation are required.

You can send a mail to LaCie (by it web site) for question about disk and UPnP.

You can also ask for the last firmware for a disk to have the last version of twonky on your disk.

bye and I hope my english is comprehensible ;)

slablanc

Post by slablanc » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:03 pm

Thank you, I appreciate the help