Twonky v4.4.3 ... v4.4.4 no divX @ Ziova CS5xx

FHSalute
Twonky v4.4.3 ... v4.4.4 no divX @ Ziova CS5xx

Post by FHSalute » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:43 pm

I have installed Twonky on my Buffalo Terastation. Clients are WinXP PC and Ziva CS505 Media Player.
Findings for the new v4.4.4 RC2:
- Installation on NAS runs without problems after correcting the linefeed problem
- Twonky Media Player in PC Browser - all plays fine
- Ziova CS505 - all pictures and mp3 files playing fine BUT

since Twonky v4.4.3 and higher there are changes for Ziova in the clients.db wich makes the Ziova player unable to and play see DivX files.
I would like to find out the correct entries in the client.db
Do anybody can give me some advices which changes I can test?
Server: Twonky v4.4 @ Buffalo TeraStation 0.6 HD-HTGL (with patched fw 2.14) and @ WHS
Clients: Ziova CS505 and muvid IR715
Network: static IP for all client (DHCP disabled because of requirements of Ziova device)
PCs: running WinXP Pro SP3

Scromple

Post by Scromple » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:47 pm

Having this same problem with Twonkyvision 4.4.4.RC1 running on a brand new Qnap 409pro box. I did a bit of checking around and got the following.

Connecting on a Ziova CS505 will:

display files with the MP3 extension in the music section
display files with the JPG extension in the picture section
display files with the MPG extension in the video section

Files with the AVI extension are not listed at all. Change the file extension from AVI to MPG and the file will show up no worries.

The same file with the AVI extension in the same location shows no worries when accessing via SMB.

Searching around, this same problem seems to be ocurring a bit but there is no information around to say what the problem is or how to fix it.

Any info on this would be most appreciated. If any extra info is need let me know.

FHSalute

Re: Twonky v4.4.3 ... v4.4.4 no divX @ Ziova CS5xx

Post by FHSalute » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:45 pm

I now have fixed the problem of non visible DivX files @ Ziovas CS5xx media player.
Just edit the clients.db ( in folder \twonky\resources ) and delete this entry: "MT:avi,divx video/avi" under section "ID:064 ... NA:Ziova CS505/510".
Christian: could you please correct this in the next Twonky release. Thank You!

Cheers
Falk
Server: Twonky v4.4 @ Buffalo TeraStation 0.6 HD-HTGL (with patched fw 2.14) and @ WHS
Clients: Ziova CS505 and muvid IR715
Network: static IP for all client (DHCP disabled because of requirements of Ziova device)
PCs: running WinXP Pro SP3

Scromple

Re: Twonky v4.4.3 ... v4.4.4 no divX @ Ziova CS5xx

Post by Scromple » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:39 am

Falk: You nailed it... Nice work!