random with Denon AVR-4308ci

fox422
random with Denon AVR-4308ci

Post by fox422 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Hello,

I would be very happy to play my music from mty computer randomly but the only way I found is not perfect. For now I made a playlist in WMP11 and "randomised" the songs. But every time I play that same list, It's still the same order. In the Denon there is a place where You can choose to play random but actually if you try to enable it, it stay disabled. In the Twonkymedia settings, I also found a place for random order but it did not work. Anyone witn a Denon could help ?

Thanks

Rigwit

Post by Rigwit » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:23 pm

The random feature on the Denon only works with USB devices attached directly to the receiver as far as I know.

fox422

Post by fox422 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:57 am

(From TwonkyMedia Configuration:

Miscellaneous Randomize playlists:
If this option is enabled the server will randomize .m3u files on startup. This option should only be used if client devices do not directly support shuffle mode.)

I'm wondering if this setting is suppose to solve my problem ? But in fact it does not seems to chanche anything.

Rigwit

Post by Rigwit » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:12 pm

Judging form that it means Twonky will only randomize playlists when the server restarts, not when someone starts streaming from that playlist. You could add a cron job or something which automatically restarts Twonky every night so that it randomizes the playlist, maybe that would work?