Synology 207+

dhammel
Synology 207+

Post by dhammel » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:19 am

Hi,

Anyone got Twonky working on the Synology 207+? I've downloaded the installer for the 207, my best guess was that it's the same for the plus version. But, after succesfull installation Twonky doesn't seem to be running. Could this be an access rights issue? The manual says you have to add a share called 'public' in which Twonky will be installed. I've given every user read, write and execute permissions, but still Twonky won't start... Please help!

Rgds David

doggydoo
AV Hardware:QNAP NAS, 2 x Bluesound Flex, Pulse Mini, Node 2 and Node 2i.
Arcam CD73T + Arcam A70 + Monitor Audio RS6.

Re: Synology 207+

Post by doggydoo » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi, are you sure it's installed. I installed it yesterday on a DS-106e which I would imagine is similar.

I had to enable Telnet for the Diskstation with the patch available from Synology before starting the Twonky install.

I made the mistake of changing the login name from root to admin in the Twonky installer, needed to leave as root but use correct password.

The public folder usually already exists and on my 106 Twonky automatically created its own twonkyvision folder in there.

I powered down the 106 and after a restart everything was working tidy.

You can see whether the service is running by a telnet session into the Diskstation , logging in and typing ps.
This should show the twonkymediaserver entries.

doggydoo
Synology DS106e with Twonky 4.4.9, Zyxel DMA1000 and Noxon 2.
Arcam CD73T + Arcam A70 + Monitor Audio RS6.

sweetnsour
AV Hardware:PS3, Dreambox 7000S, DNS-323, DS-101j, DS-207+

Re: Synology 207+ (broken build?)

Post by sweetnsour » Fri May 23, 2008 1:58 pm

Twonky is broken here too - on the Synology DS-207+ (firmware 598) :?
Everything installs just fine but everything (files/folders) are set at mode "777". Is this correct? Not a very nice design.

Worse is: the binary "twonkymedia" quits with an error:

Code: Select all

DiskStation> pwd
/volume1/public/twonkyvision
DiskStation> ./twonkymedia &
./twonkymedia: ./twonkymedia: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
[1] + Done(2)                    ./twonkymedia
DiskStation>
The readme.txt says nothing about the DS-207 plus edition. My hope was that this would "only work" - like it has been on the other device that I own (DNS-323).
My findings/guesses:
1. DS-207 edition of twonky don't work on DS-207+.
2. Twonky doesn't work with the latest firmware from Synology (598).

Thanks for any input here.
BTW: I run lots of linux boxes around at work and home so I hope I don't add to the "support-mob" that make up all the mess, forcing the developers to quit the development for us. :D

EDIT: I forgot to add: I'm a reseller and have sold three of these boxes. That means no money to Twonky without a quick fix. :(

sweetnsour
AV Hardware:PS3, Dreambox 7000S, DNS-323, DS-101j, DS-207+

Post by sweetnsour » Tue May 27, 2008 4:35 pm

The quick fix for running Twonky on DS-207+??
Grab the CS-407-version! It installs and runs just fine.

(DS-207+ and CS-407 both have 128MB memory and 500MHz cpus)

pediatrik_
AV Hardware:Synology DS 207+

Post by pediatrik_ » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:13 am

Hi!

I've been trying to install Twonky on my DS 207+, but unfortunately I just can't make it work! I installed the CS-407-version via telnet and the directory public/twonkymedia contains the following:

Folders:
cgi-bin
plugins
resources

Files:
twonkymedia-default (config?)
twonkyvision-mediaserver (config?)
twonkymedia (?)
twonkymediaserver

Unfortunately I can't get access to Twonky via Explorer <IP-adress:9000> and when I run a telnet session and type in ps after logging in, I see no trace of Twonky...

Has the installation gone wrong? Should I delete the Twonky-folder on the NAS and try to re-install?

EDIT: I deleted and re-installed Twonky. Works like a dream now! :D