Twonky on a Terastation (noob! guide wanted)

C0rnholio
AV Hardware:Server: Terastation with Twonky (WIP)
Clients: XBMC / Xbox 360 / PS3
Twonky on a Terastation (noob! guide wanted)

Post by C0rnholio » Tue May 20, 2008 10:18 am

Hi everyone,

I have this terastation and while it's working perfectly with XBMC on my old Xbox it's useless for my PS3 or Xbox360 so I ended up trying Twonky...

Chearched for a firmware that would allow telnet access: OK -> downloaded the Twonky installation file: OK -> created a folder called "share" on my terastation an unpacked the installation file in that folder. Started the nas installer, filled in the IP of the nas and of we go... installation succesfully.
Turned on the PS3 and yes, there the server "Twonky Terastation" with served files, music, pictures and video, everything works (supported formats that is).
Great! Unfortunately, the web config isn't reachable... and the autostart doesn't work either when rebooting the NAS.

Now I've been searching for a solution to both of my problems but without, usefull, succes (to me that is). I don't know sh*t about telnet/putty or whatever, I can't even find the files I'm supposed to edit let alone I could edit them at all... completely in the dark here...

I was hoping someone could write down an absolute noob guide, explaining step by step what has to be done (typed) and where (which program to use).

FHSalute

Re: Twonky on a Terastation (noob! guide wanted)

Post by FHSalute » Wed May 21, 2008 3:09 pm

Hi C0rnholio,
if have done the same as you with my TeraStation - and it works perfectly. Also autostart after reboot.
So it should be something with your TeraStation firmware? I have a NAS Buffalo TeraStation 0.6 HD-HTGL (with patched fw 2.14).

greetings
FHSalute
Server: Twonky v4.4 @ Buffalo TeraStation 0.6 HD-HTGL (with patched fw 2.14) and @ WHS
Clients: Ziova CS505 and muvid IR715
Network: static IP for all client (DHCP disabled because of requirements of Ziova device)
PCs: running WinXP Pro SP3