WHS & DTV HR20

bcschwartz
AV Hardware:HR20, WHS, XP
WHS & DTV HR20

Post by bcschwartz » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:49 am

Newbie question...

I'm using a HP MediaSmart Server running Microsoft Windows Home Server (WHS). The add-in from HP installs a licensed version of Twonky 4.4.4. My DirecTV HR20 receivers can certainly see the Twonky server with no problem and can access the photos with no problem. But the MP3 collection will not play whatsoever. All files are catagorized and visible, but they display with an "X" and will not play.

I suspect from other posts, this could be a transcoding problem. However, if I acess the same files using the Windows Media shared functionality, they are playable through the HR20 with no difficulty. It's just that Twonky offers a better catagorization and menu with the HR20, so it would be a shame not to use it.

I'm guessing someone out there has this working. I've tried installing the Twonky on an XP box and it has the same problem. Is there additional software that Twonky needs to make this work properly? If so, where can I get it? Also, What device should I set each HR20 as (since using DirecTV HD DVR does not work).

Thanks.