Digital Frames Supported

roger78
AV Hardware:linkstation noxon roku soundbridge linux fedora
Digital Frames Supported

Post by roger78 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:01 pm

Hello

Except Kodak EX811 and EX1011 are they any others supported ? Kodak W820 ?

Regards

Roger

colincliff
AV Hardware:Qnap ts-109

Re: Digital Frames Supported

Post by colincliff » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:52 am

I'm also looking for the answer to this. it would be really helpfull if people could list the picture frames that are compatible with Twonky, or indeed those that are not.

To start the ball rolling i can tell you that:

Imate Momento does not work via wireless
The BT eFrame 1000 does not work via wireless

Benneton
AV Hardware:Buffalo Terastation, firmware 2.17 login enabled. Twonky 4.17
Kodak EX811
Philips SL400i
Sonos ZP90
Tangent Quattro MKII

Post by Benneton » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:34 pm

Hi,

I have the Kodak EX811 picture frame. It works, BUT bear in mind that everytime you start the frame you have to manually go to the media server and select what you want to do (audio, video or pictures). Then select by date or folder or all, then select eihter year or folder. After that either sub folder or month. When this is done you finally can start the slide show! I think it is normal to expect that the frame would connect automatically to a specific folder and then starts a slide show.
My frame is nearly ever on anymore, to much trouble to watch some pictures....

Are there frames that do this for you? If anyone know please share this info.

Regards,
Bernard

leithold

Post by leithold » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:29 pm

Hi there,

Boah, they still didn't fix it? It's the same with the EX1011. What is a frame with wifi and timer good for, when you cannot show pictures from an UPnP-server?
I also wonder with some audio devices. They have an alarm clock but when waking they can only play from usb, internal memory and internet radio (!), not from Twonky. That's strange ...
Back to the question: Lookup your device here: http://www.dlna.org/ and here: http://www.upnp.org/ If it is listed chances are good it will work with Twonky.

Just my two cents.

Michael

Benneton
AV Hardware:Buffalo Terastation, firmware 2.17 login enabled. Twonky 4.17
Kodak EX811
Philips SL400i
Sonos ZP90
Tangent Quattro MKII

Post by Benneton » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:41 am

I installed twonky 5.0.56 on my NAS recently and in the list of devices I saw that the Kodak EX1011 is available.

Kodak have still not fixed the issue of automatical connection to any UPnP server...
I await nearly 2 years now for a new firmware for the EX811 frame, I have the feeling it is not comming anymore.
I looked at a nice Philips frame (8FF3WMI/00), that fully supports UPnP. I want to check what it all does and I probally buy that. It is a shame that you have to buy new hardware when a firmware fix can fix an issue that should be standard on the frame. Last product I ever bought from Kodak, no support at all!

Bernard

leithold

Post by leithold » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:32 pm

I checked the manual of the Philips. It mentions an ON-/OFF-timer but it doesn't mention wether it can show pictures from UPNP-server when using the timer. As many audio device cannot I'm sceptical. I would check in the shop.

Michael