Sony 40W5500 no talk to 5200 NAS

diyhouse
AV Hardware:quad core intel, 4gig RAM
5200 NAS 4T bytes of storage
Sony 40W5500 no talk to 5200 NAS

Post by diyhouse » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:41 pm

OK,.. New boy on the block,.. seeking help...

Have tried 5200 forum,.. and have essentially exhausted the kind help of people there,..
So now I am looking for some help with the interface and comms issues experienced with

SONY KDL 40W5500 TV and Thecus 5200 NAS,.. basic hardware working OK but there are some definate comms/protocol issues.

Loaded the latest 2.0.16 ( ver 5.build of Twonky ) build of 5200 NAS module server,.. and Sony TV would not see any MP3s or jpg files to display, neither would it play any videos... although it would show the folders/directores,.. there was just nothing in then, according to Sony.....

Tried again with Twonky 4.4.14,.. and this time a little more succuss,.. MP3s play'able although they only play for a few seconds,. somewhere between 10 and 70 seconds, then abort to next track,..
JPGs play for ever this is brilliant,.. great job on these,.. but alass video files cannot be encouraged to register, let alone play with 4.4.14, ( with ver 5 they do register fine, albeit they don't play ).

I have attached a log of the 4.4.14 when it is trying to play MP3s,.. when it keeps aborting to the next track...

Ideally I would like this to work with Version 5.x,.. but am willing to help in any way I reasonably can...

Thanks to all who partictiate in this forum for their help

regards
DiyHouse
Attachments
twonky log.rar
log from 4.4.14
(5.5KiB)Downloaded 393 times

diyhouse
AV Hardware:quad core intel, 4gig RAM
5200 NAS 4T bytes of storage

Re: Sony 40W5500 no talk to 5200 NAS

Post by diyhouse » Thu May 07, 2009 6:19 pm

just an update to my original post,. have now loaded 2.0.16.2,..
This has improved my performance over 2.0.16 in only that it saves the "sony network media receiver".config under media recievers.

I currently think my server is thrashing away scanning my database,... some 80 "twonkymediaserv" processes,. with to "top" processes taking some 2.4 - 3.2% of CPU usage and each one using 14.1% of memory.

Initial scanned data,.. is still not viewable although I can see folders ( this is as before ),.. just not their contents on my Sony TV...
Have looked in the twonky log file and all that contained was a "1",.. I have subesquently cleared this but wondered if there was away of getting more detailed info into the log file,. as previously.
As far as I can work out this is the command process being run by all the Twonky processes is as follows:-

/raid/data/module/TWONKYMEDIA/twonky/twonkymediaserver -D -inifile /raid/data/module/TWONKYMEDIA/system/etc/twonkyvision-mediaserver.ini -logfile /raid/data/module/TWONKYMEDIA/twonky/twonkyvision-mediaserver.log -newobjectdir /raid/data/module/

The end bit of the line is chopped off as I could not see it all with the "ps" command, although the log file referenced in the command line is actually empty,..

I have over 250K images to scan, and some 25K sound media files on my Thecus,.. so expect this to take some time to complete.

Thanks to those who have looked,..
But sill waiting
Regards
DiyHouse