WD MBWE 1TB Twonky Media Server requesting Authenication

fidelis
AV Hardware:Western Digital My Book World Edition 1TB
PS3
WD MBWE 1TB Twonky Media Server requesting Authenication

Post by fidelis » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:34 am

Hi Guys and Gals,

hoping you can help me out...

I have done something with my Western Digital Mybook World edition today... not exactly sure what, but i was trying to access the Twonky media server through it, and i logged in fine, but i must have changed something, cause now when i try to access the configuration page for the Twonky Media server, it is asking for a user name and password i have tried everything i could possibly imagine, and the damn thing just keeps coming up with a 401 error "Unauthorized: access to this page is restricted"

I have searched and searched across numerous pages for a solution but to no avail... please can someone help this noob?

Cheers,

Fidelis

PeeBee
AV Hardware:Buffalo LS Pro; PS3; Samsung LE37B650

Re: WD MBWE 1TB Twonky Media Server requesting Authenication

Post by PeeBee » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:24 pm

You need to find your twonkyvision-mediaserver.ini file and delete the accessuser and accesspwd entries manually.

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

fidelis
AV Hardware:Western Digital My Book World Edition 1TB
PS3

Post by fidelis » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:01 am

Thanks for the info PeeBee, one slight problem i have absolutely no idea how to find said *ini file,

May i be a pain again and ask how i should go about finding it?

EDIT: would it perhaps be easier to just factory default (restore) the MyBook? As i have only just got the Drive, i still have everything that is on it, backed up and a spare drive, which means i won't lose any data... Just a thought...

Do you think this would work?

PeeBee
AV Hardware:Buffalo LS Pro; PS3; Samsung LE37B650

Post by PeeBee » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:41 pm

I have no idea how to do this on your NAS. On my Linkstation Pro I have enabled Telenet access so I can search the file structure as I would on my PC. As your NAS is new I doubt if you have done this.

Again, on the LS Pro, there is a shared folder called twonky that I can access in the same way as other shared folders - this is where my Twonky installation is, and where the ini file lives.

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

nana
AV Hardware:WD My Book World (Whight light) Model No: WDH1NC10000 && WD TV Live Model No: WDBAAN0000NBK
Windows 7 with media player 12

Post by nana » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:39 am

If u use a WDMBW withe edition u have to login as admin and go in advance mode to enable the SSH services, this is system->advanced tab. After this with a ssh client u must login as root and pass: welc0me and then is linux to find the ini file. I don't really know where is this located.