Macpower - Taurus LAN

green.yellow.red
AV Hardware:Taurus Lan
TwonkyMedia Server
Macpower - Taurus LAN

Post by green.yellow.red » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:00 am

Anybody can tell me if I can install TMS in my NAS(Taurus LAN) or any workaround so I can install it in the box?

Here's the link of my NAS: http://www.macpower.com.tw/products/hdd ... us/pdd_lan

Thanks!

PeeBee
AV Hardware:Buffalo LS Pro; PS3; Samsung LE37B650

Re: Macpower - Taurus LAN

Post by PeeBee » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:07 pm

Possible hurdles to overcome:

1. Find out what hardware the NAS uses.
2. Find out what OS it uses - the firmware comes as a .tar.gz file so it probably uses some form of Unix/Linux.
3. You need to open your access to the NAS so that you can Telnet/SSH in and execute comands directly on the OS.
4. After answering 1 and 2 work out which flavour of Twonky you'll need and download it from the twonkyforum/unsupported web pages.
4. Work out where you need to install everything and which startup scripts to modify to get it to auto-run on boot.

Best place is to ask around on any forums that deal with this NAS, as they'll have more experience of how it works and how it's put together.

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

kurjac
AV Hardware:Noxon iRadio cube
O2media HMR-350
WD TV Live
MacPower Taurus Lan (NAS)

Post by kurjac » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:52 pm

With the Help of "Google translation":

This NAS is almost the same of Raidsonic IB-NAS4220-B and the version i'm running on is:
http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/5. ... compat.tgz

I'm not sure, but the firmware version on my Taurus - LAN is not the official one.
when I bought it, this version was already on board.

From the admin initial page:
System Information
Product Name TAURUS LAN
Firmware Version 2.6.3-20080902a
In the "Network service" section i have:
DHCP Server
Bonjour
BTorrent
Telnet
SSH Server
Twonky Media
and the only things I do were:
1. download the right version from twonky site (Raidsonic NAS 1000)
2. expand the file on /mnt/(your path)/public/applications
3. rename the directory to twonkymedia
4. change the first line on the file "twonkymedia-server-default.ini" to match the directory structure of your file system (Raidsonic 1000: /mnt/IDE1 - /mnt/md1 for my TL). I don't now why, but this option don't work on 5.1.1. I have to make a symbolic link between /mnt/md1 and /mnt/IDE1 but I think that after a restart the link is missing.
5. enable the server from the NAS admin menù
6. configure the twonky media from Web Interface

I omitted some trivial details (Linux cmd), but If you need further explanation, ask me.
EK

green.yellow.red
AV Hardware:Taurus Lan
TwonkyMedia Server

Post by green.yellow.red » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:02 pm

@PeeBee
Thanks for the information but I may not be able to answer your 1 and 2 and I'm not quite confident in writing scripts for the NAS... I've also tried looking for a forum for my NAS but I can't seem to find any... :(

@kujac
That's weird I can't seem to find that firmware in the MacPower website. I got the latest firmware in my NAS. Well, I guess I'm not gonna touch this for now and well... stick to the TMS in my desktop. Thanks for the info guys.

GYR