TMS Installation on Thecus N4100pro (& other Thecus systems)

drudel
AV Hardware:LInn Majik DS, Thecus N4100pro
TMS Installation on Thecus N4100pro (& other Thecus systems)

Post by drudel » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi,

after spending "some" time to find out how to install TMS on my Thecus N4100pro I finally decided to ask for help from someone who was more successful than I was so far...

My problem starts with a very simple situation: to find out how to install the appropriate x86 .sh or .zip file! The Thecus manual is not so very helpful to have direct access to the LINUX system... Otherwise I would prefer to have a module file available I can install from the built-in NAS configuration tool.

There are lots of very specific hints and tips "how to" - but there is often some context missing to make it understandable for me: probably all the authors are LINUX experts. I am not :roll:

I would be lucky if someone would explain step by step how to proceed "from the very beginning" / for beginners?
Or (perhaps better) a hint where I can find a matching (Thecus compatible) module file for easy installation?

Kind regards
Reinhard

andyb
AV Hardware:Thecus N3200

Re: TMS Installation on Thecus N4100pro (& other Thecus systems)

Post by andyb » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:39 am

Hi,

According to Thecus_N4100PRO_Module_List some (maybe all?) N5200 modules work. Twonky is already built as a module for the N5200 and is available here.

Hope this helps. If not I might be able to help explain how to build a module yourself. I took over maintenance of the Thecus N3200 TwonkyMedia module.

cheers,
andy

motivator
AV Hardware:Panasonic SC-BT230 BR Player
Thecus N4100Pro
Twonky server 6.0.28
Windows 7 PC

Re: TMS Installation on Thecus N4100pro (& other Thecus systems)

Post by motivator » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Andy,
I have installed the TMS version 6.0.28 on my N4100pro and it works fine for music via my Panasonic SC-BT230 DLNA. But the panasonic will only play basic mpeg2 video. All my movies are AVI (xvid). How can I get the twonkyserver to allow it to play AVI.
I had thought that I need to install some form of codec on the N4100pro? as I can play the AVI via my windows 7 pc, any help from someone who knwos about the config of N41000pro and twonky would be great?
Thanks