Oppo BDP-93

counsil
AV Hardware:Here is a link to all my A/V Equipment...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre ... st19489036
Oppo BDP-93

Post by counsil » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:24 am

I need some help optimizing Twonky for the new Oppo BDP-93.

I initially tried TwonkyManager but it was a resource hog. I read in this forum that TwonkyManager is being re-written (into a non-Flash version), but for now I prefer the slimmed down version of TwonkyServer anyway. I am running the 6.0.30 beta build of TwonkyServer.

Basically, I can get TwonkyServer to place nice with the Oppo if I set the navigation mode to "By Folder". Any of the other navigation modes only partially work. It seems that random folders and files aren't anywhere to be found or they are empty.

I think I need to put an entry in the client.db file for the Oppo. Here is the what the Oppo supports over DLNA...

* Audio:
AAC
FLAC
M4A
MKA
MP3
PCM
WAV
WMA
* Picture:
GIF
JPG
PNG
* Video:
AVI (DivX/XviD)
MKV (FLAC and Dolby Digital TrueHD are not supported. DTS-HD Master will likely crash the player)
MP4
MPEG-1/2 (includes VOB)
M2TS
TS
WMV

I put an entry into the client.db file but it isn't automatically being picked up. Therefore I am wondering if I did it correctly. Here is what I put in the client.db file...

>>
NA:Oppo Digital BDP-93 BluRay player
HH:BDP-93
TR:JPEG_HD,LPCM,MP3,VOB,WMV,MPG,PNG
DB:AUTO
XM:IGNORESORT

Can anyone help me optimize this entry in anyway? I would like for the entry to automatically be selected and to be able to use the "Advanced Media View". Please let me know if there is anything I should do.

parsifal16
AV Hardware:Oppo BDP-83SE

Re: Oppo BDP-93

Post by parsifal16 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:30 pm

I also am having problems with an Oppo player - in my case Oppo BDP-83SE. I added Oppo to the client file (on a Mac) and it comes up on my Media Receivers list. I can see the TwonkyServer on My Network on the Oppo, but the folder is empty. I can see all my media files when I use the web browser. Anyone out there who can help?

TworseyBoy
AV Hardware:PS3, Oppo BDP-93, Linksys/Tomato Router

Post by TworseyBoy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:43 am

[quote="counsil"]I need some help optimizing Twonky for the new Oppo BDP-93.

I initially tried TwonkyManager but it was a resource hog. I read in this forum that TwonkyManager is being re-written (into a non-Flash version), but for now I prefer the slimmed down version of TwonkyServer anyway. I am running the 6.0.30 beta build of TwonkyServer.

Basically, I can get TwonkyServer to place nice with the Oppo if I set the navigation mode to "By Folder". Any of the other navigation modes only partially work. It seems that random folders and files aren't anywhere to be found or they are empty.

[/quote]

I know it's been a while, but I thought I should reply to let you know I have exactly the same problem running Twonky 6.0.32 under OS X. Unless I set the device to CTT DLNA 1.5, which only allows viewing by folder, I get lockups when trying to navigate.
Weirdly enough, when I first loaded up Twonky I was able to use "Advanced" navigation. I think (not entirely sure) that it went haywire when I added some custom view definitions (so that music files would be displayed by track number, not name).
I expect the problem might be with the Oppo not being DLNA certified (instead, it's "functionally equivalent"). I've had similar problems (always navigation errors) with every other OS X DLNA server I've tried, including Playback and PS3 Media Server.
DId you ever get to the bottom of it?

derek
AV Hardware:Oppo BDP-93 (universal networking blu-ray player)
iMac running 10.5.8
Airport Extreme Router (new, just purchased in 2011)

Post by derek » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi folks,
i'm new to the DLNA thing, i JUST bought an Oppo BDP-93 (hasn't even arrived yet). The main reasons i got the Oppo was because i was thinking that, along with it being a great performing blu-ray player that I would ALSO be able to 'relatively easily' access compatible files on my Imac and view them on my TV?.... based on your posts here though, am i wrong on that?

I'm actually kind of ok if i cant use ALL of Twonkys different management & preference features, as long as i'll be able to do the basic task of 'accessing videos (in supported formats) that are on my mac and viewing them on my TV'....
...i will read your posts again, but it sounds like there will be some problems with that? :(

like i said, i'm new to DLNA stuff, (so please excuse my ignorance and any dumb questions)...my set-up is, my Oppo will be wired to my router, my computer will be an imac. I was looking at Twonky and Tversity software (apparently Tversity's Mac version is still in the works so the battle between these two is currently on hold). Are three any other DLNA server options out there for someone with my set-up....(Mac computer/airport extreme router/Oppo DDP-93 networking blu-ray player)

For some reason i thought that the Oppo BDP-93 was DLNA certified, but apparently it is isnt? At any rate, i'm wondering now if i spent the extra money on the Oppo networking player in vain (at least in vain for the networking part).

Thanks in advance for any info suggestions you can provide! i'll continue to read through the forums and researching other areas to see what i can learn.

derek