Roku M1001 FLAC transcoding problem

Mike23
Roku M1001 FLAC transcoding problem

Post by Mike23 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:18 pm

I am having issues with my Roku M1001 and FLAC transcoding. I noticed that when I try to play a FLAC file on the Roku, it will play some FLAC files but not others. It is completely random. The FLAC files that play will always play and the ones that refuse to play refuse to do so. In fact, this variation happens from ripped music that come from the same CD. However, if I convert the FLAC music to WAV and play it, the Roku plays the song. But if I convert the WAV back to FLAC, that FLAC will not play again. How can I resolve this problem? Twonky support is not sure of a solution. I can send anyone a FLAC file which works and one which does not. Thank you.
TwonkyVision 4.4
Ubuntu Linux 7.04 Feisty (PC)

Mike23

Post by Mike23 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:04 pm

I got an email from Twonky. Sadly, they have stopped supporting the FLAC plugin because of problems they are speaking. Sadly, if you need FLAC transcoding, you need to either convert your media, live with the bugs, or switch to another upnp server which supports FLAC transcoding.
TwonkyVision 4.4
Ubuntu Linux 7.04 Feisty (PC)

mm27

Post by mm27 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:03 pm

Now I know why I got no answer from the Twonkysupport for my question why flac does not work with my QNAP NAS with preinstalled Twonky 4.4.2 or how to install the Flac-plugin.

That is really disapointing for me. I bought the NAS for playing my flac files.

Now I have to convert my flac files to apple lossless and play them with the preinstalled itunes server.

Now it is a secret for me, why Twonky does not play apple lossless. For this time Twonky is complete useless for me.