Soundbridge plays all songs in library not just album

zlemonz
AV Hardware:Roku Soungbridge M1000, PS3, Xbox 360
Soundbridge plays all songs in library not just album

Post by zlemonz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:37 am

So I just upgraded my trial edition of Twonkyserver to the new 5.0.
On my Soundbridge M1000, when I select an album to play, it finds all tracks in my library and attempts to begin playing at track 1. This didn't happen with 4.4.9 and I can't find any way to fix this. I have set it to Advanced navigation and Default navigation, but it doesn't help.
The new media browser shows the tracks in the albums properly as does my xbox 360, just the soundbridge is broken.

It shows all the albums properly under browse albums and it shows the correct albums under browse artist, but when I select an album, it says finding matching songs and returns all 3000 tracks in the library.

Anyone seen this?

thanks

haegar23
AV Hardware:Soundbridge, PS3

Re: Soundbridge plays all songs in library not just album

Post by haegar23 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:01 am

Hi,
same issue here on the Pinnacle version of Soundbridge. Was working fine with previous versions
of Twonky Media Server :( . Could someone from Twonky please have a look into this.

Thanks Hergen

jeremy.lloyd
AV Hardware:PS3 and Roku

Post by jeremy.lloyd » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:56 pm

I have found exactly the same problem. v4 works. v5 doesn't work. Mine is an SB M1001.

Achromatic
AV Hardware:Roku SoundBridge M1000
TwonkyVision 4.4.9 running on CentOS Linux
Maxtor Shared Storage

Post by Achromatic » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:59 pm

Same here. This is broken :(

Displays fine on PC Media Browser.

Symptoms: when selecting the album of an artist, it takes a -very- long time, whereas version 4 was near instant (i.e. if you only had one album by that artist). Selecting the album then retrieves the entire library.

4.4 worked fine, but my Soundbridge is currently useless as a result of upgrading to 5.0. :(

Achromatic
Maxtor Shared Storage

Post by Achromatic » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:12 pm

I'm hoping I don't need to issue a chargeback on my card - I submitted a ticket last week and have had no response whatsoever - I know that fixes take time, but I'd at least like an acknowledgment from them that this is an issue (and has been for a while). Frustrating.

Achromatic
Maxtor Shared Storage

Post by Achromatic » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:57 am

Well, to inform other people, I got an email back from Twonky saying that they recognized it as an issue with the highest priority and were looking into it right now. So we shall see.

Achromatic
Maxtor Shared Storage

Post by Achromatic » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:51 am

I was hoping 5.0.46 would fix things, but no - still broken.

Disappointing, the most core functionality, the ability to play an album by an artist, on one of the most popular network media players, and it's completely broken, rendering my Soundbridge useless.

cshellem
AV Hardware:D-Link DNS-232, Roku Soundbridge 1001

Post by cshellem » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:38 pm

I am having this same problem. If I select a use the M1001 to play a playlist everything works as it should, but when playing an album it seems to start at the top of the "all songs" list. I submitted a support ticket about a week ago but heard nothing back. Has anyone heard anything? Does the TwonkyMedia support normally respond? (I would expect at least an automated reply.) I am evaluating the product, and like it for the most part, but this bug is a big issue and the lack of any response is not encouraging.

Achromatic
Maxtor Shared Storage

Post by Achromatic » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:37 pm

I have not heard anything back from their support, either...

HOWEVER...

In the NAS forum, I believe, is a link/topic about an unsupported later release of TS 5 (I think 5.0.56?) - I installed this a couple of weeks ago and it resolved the issue (and I haven't seen any other problems with it as yet), if you want to give that a try.

cshellem
AV Hardware:D-Link DNS-232, Roku Soundbridge 1001

Post by cshellem » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:37 pm

Achromatic wrote:I have not heard anything back from their support, either...

HOWEVER...

In the NAS forum, I believe, is a link/topic about an unsupported later release of TS 5 (I think 5.0.56?) - I installed this a couple of weeks ago and it resolved the issue (and I haven't seen any other problems with it as yet), if you want to give that a try.
I finally did hear back from support and it seemed that the person didn't understand my issue. Anyway I tried the newer (but unsupported) version (5.55) and it did work. My trial license ran out though, so I think I going to wait until a support version that works with Roku is released. (I don't want to buy the product and find that Roku support was dropped.) I'll keep an eye on the forums.

Thanks