Roku Soundbridge does not see Twonky Media Server

riccochet
AV Hardware:Roku Soundbridge, Thecus N5200 NAS,
Roku Soundbridge does not see Twonky Media Server

Post by riccochet » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Hey all;
So i'm having a problem connecting my Roku Soundbridge to Twonky Media Server (just call me captain obvious). The Soundbridge doesn't see it at all. I'm running Twonky on my Thecus N5200 NAS and pretty much every other device sees it fine. (PS3, XBOX, PC's, etc).
The Twonky server does not show up in the list of available servers, but on the Twonky configuration page, it sees the soundbridge fine and it is listed as allowed to connect.
I'm running Twonky Media Server 5.0.61 and my Roku says it has the latest firmware. When i enable the crappy mediabolic media server built into the NAS the roku sees it fine. I could simply get along with this but its a peice of absolute and complete garbage, which is why i decided to buy the twonky server.
Any suggestions or do you need an more information from me?

houkeus
AV Hardware:Roku Soundbridge

Re: Roku Soundbridge does not see Twonky Media Server

Post by houkeus » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:33 am

I got the similar issues, Roku Soundbridge and Thecus N7700 with Twonky server, Roku can't see Twonky at all, anyone can help?

dirtydawg
AV Hardware:Roku Soundbridge M1000
TwonkyMedia Server 5.1 on Thecus N2100 NAS

Post by dirtydawg » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:59 am

I also have the same issue on a Thecus N2100. A recommendation elsewhere on this forum (for a different NAS product) is to upgrade from 5.1 to 5.1.1. Does anyone know if this is correct and how to do this (I've no experience of Linux at all)?

Many thanks.

Cuppie
AV Hardware:WD MyBook 2TB / Roku Soundbridge / A.C.Ryan HD PlayOn Mini

Post by Cuppie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:29 pm

Hello, I have the same problem. I bought a WD My Book 2TB last week and my Twonky Media Server sees the Roku. The Roku however cannot see the Twonky server. Somebody found the solution for this problem?

cylex
AV Hardware:NAS WD MY Book 1TB + Roku SoundbridgeM1001

Post by cylex » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:02 pm

I have the same problem.

i have the ROKU 1001 + the Wesetrn Digital NAS My Book 1Tb and the soundbridge can`t see the Twonky Server.

Can somebody help

Alex