Noxon2 first discovers Twonky4.3 when restarted

peterjuuls
Noxon2 first discovers Twonky4.3 when restarted

Post by peterjuuls » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:27 am

Whenever I turn on Noxon2, the main menu displays Internet Radio and Favorites only. Twonky4.3 doesn't pop up automatically even if I wait for an hour. It isn't listed until Twonky is restarted.

Can I configure Twonky to broadcast to clients more often? Or is this a router issue? A Noxon2 issue?

Best regards
Peter

PS: Noxon2 and Twonky both are on fixed ip-addresses and the client-type and client- ip-address are registrered in Twonky. My router = Linksys WRT54G. Twonky runs on Windows2003 ServerSP2 connected by cable to Linksys. Noxon2 connects wirelessly.

flemstef

Re: Noxon2 first discovers Twonky4.3 when restarted

Post by flemstef » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:31 pm

I think I have the same problem:

Noxon iRadio connected wireless. No problems with internet radio. Streaming media from 3 PCs works fine. But if I turn of the iRadio or play internet radio for a long time, the iRadio looses connection to the mediaservers (one using Twonly other 2 Windows Media). Also the date and clock stops updating.

If I reset the device all turn back to normal for a while and then suddenly looses connection to the servers. The same happens if I restart Twonky.

I never experience connection problems while streaming media - only when the device is powered off or playing internet radio.

halali

Post by halali » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:53 pm

I also have this problem. I did some tests (traces) on my installation and according to my findings, the noxon is the bad quy...
UPnP uses Multicast, the devices use IGMP to connect to the multicast streams (this is important if your router/switch is IGMP-aware -> IGMP-snooping). The Noxon only sends an IGMP packet when it is restarted, this means after a while it doesn't get any multicast packets, this means it doesn't get any advertisements of the twonky. If you turn IGMP-snooping off in your router/switch, it will work. Unfortunately this is no solution for me, because I'm using IPTV and I don't want every multicast stream on every port of my router/switch and flood my LAN.
In short: The IGMP-Implementation in the NOXON (iRadio or iAudio 2) is wrong.

halali

Post by halali » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:56 pm

After long waiting to an answer from terratec, I got the following mail:
"Hallo !

Das wird so leider nicht funktionieren. Ohnen einen weiteren Router der
kein igmp hat kann der noxon nicht betrieben werden.

MfG / Best regards,
Michael Henneke
TerraTec Team"

In English: They say, that it will not work with a switch with switched on IGMP-snooping. No word, that they want to correct anything.
I'm very disappointed about terratec....

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:11 am

Got the same problem with a new Netgear DG834N router. Seems they "helpfully" added IGMP, without any way of disabling it. all my perfectly working Noxon2, that behaved fine with my Draytek router, now misbehave with the DG834N :-(
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:55 pm

For reference, setting "RIP Direction" to NONE on my Netgear router makes it so the Noxons are detected correctly.

I suppose this means I can't use multicast until Terratec sort out the problem...
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.