iTunes Playlists

Jazzjoker
iTunes Playlists

Post by Jazzjoker » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:36 am

Hi everybody,

I just discovered the Twonky software and installed it on my PC. My home network uses a Netgear DG834G router and 2 Noxon media players.
Communication between the Twonkey server software and the media players works great. However, after having installed iTunes with the purpose of creating playlist, Twonkey does not show them in the Playlist section.
I have tried all possible configurations of iTunes and and the link refering to the iTunes database in the server software, including the default link used by itunes as well as the two files (iTunes Library.itl and iTunes Music Library.xml).

Could anybody kindly tell what's wrong with my configuration and / or if there another possibilty / software for using playlists with Twonkey.

Thanks in advance.

msl_laubo

What Version of Twonky are you using?

Post by msl_laubo » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi,

i actually use 4.4.3.1 and itunes playlists work.

From 4.4.2 until now this function was corrupted.

Jazzjoker

iTunes playlists

Post by Jazzjoker » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:49 am

Thanks for your kind reply. I actually use version 4.4.3.1.. The Twonky Media shall point to the ITunes database - is it just the link to the directory (C:\Documents and Settings\OLAF MELCHER\Mes documents\Ma musique\iTunes\iTunes Music) or one of the two possible database files (iTunes Library.itl or iTunes Music Library.xml) ?

Best regards

Olaf

msl_laubo

Twony must point to the xml

Post by msl_laubo » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:37 am

Hi,

you must point to the itumes xml file.

I use Twonky with a noxon iRadio an it works well.

Regards,
Martin

philyewcroft
AV Hardware:Twonky version, Xp sp2 pc, Roberts WM201 internet radio/media receiver

Re: iTunes Playlists

Post by philyewcroft » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:59 pm

This is for all the folk who have troubles displaying iTunes playlists (on a Windows pc) onto their media player.
Within the Twonky configuration you need to share both the directory holding the iTunesMUsicLibrary.xml AND the music directory (defined in iTunes). If like me you wish to store the music on the non system disc, then this will be two directories to share. Also to be safe I enable Windows sharing on both directories. It now works.
Lastly to configure the menus, you need to change the menu options to Custom, then save and restart the server. Then you can rename the menu options in the config.
I still don't know all about Twonky, but at least this will help somebody, as nobody has posted the solution before in the above terms.
Good Luck

Engeler
AV Hardware:Twonkymedia 4.4.5 , Noxon iRadio

Re: iTunes Playlists

Post by Engeler » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:42 am

Hi - I'm having the same problem with iTunes playlists. All I see are Most Played and Recently Played. The iradio can see all the music, as well as some some non-itunes playlists. I'm using the version 4.4.5. I have selected to share C:\itunes music and C:\ documents and settings\my user name\my docs\my music\itunes. I have also pointed to the itunes xml file, as directed. I enabled sharing of these directories in Windows as well. Still no luck.

My OS is a French version of XP, so the directories I have shared don't have exactly the same names as written above. Could this be a problem? Any other suggestions? Does the version of iTunes matter? I have 7.6.0.29.

Thanks