QNAP NAS with Twonky for Noxon 2 Audio

Selva
QNAP NAS with Twonky for Noxon 2 Audio

Post by Selva » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:03 pm

Hello

Recently I bought the Noxon 2 Audio player from Terratec. It works perfect with the Twonky running on my PC. Since I want to use The Noxon without having the PC running all the time, and since on the USB disk shuffle and playlists doesn't work properly, I'm looking now for a NAS (network attached storage), preferably one from QNAP out of the TS-10X range, or a NAS from any supplier:

Can anybody recommend any NAS or one of QNAP (forexample the TS-109, Twonky already installed) devices that work fine with the Noxon 2 Audio -> Streaming without interrupting, shuffle, playlists, id3 tags etc? Just like Noxon 2 Audio works with TwonkyMusic from PC?

Thanks for your help!

reaper

Noxon 2 audio with QNAP TS-109 Pro

Post by reaper » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:38 pm

Noxon 2 audio with QNAP TS-109 Pro:

I have this combination running for 2 weeks now.
(I have the firmware 1.1.5 of TS-109 running with Twonky 4.4.4 inside)

No problems; everything works fine together.
Same behavior as before with Twonky on my PC.
(Don't Fear) The Reaper

Twonky on QNAP TS-109 Pro, Client: Noxon 2 Audio

berlinpower
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-109 (TWONKY 4) - NOXON 2 AUDIO

Re: QNAP NAS with Twonky for Noxon 2 Audio

Post by berlinpower » Fri May 02, 2008 1:19 pm

Hello !

I am using QNAP TS-109 - Firmware version 2.0.1 Build 0324T - inlcuding Twonky 4.4.4 - with 1 TB WD hard rive
I am also using Noxon 2 Audio - with the latest firmware.

I put ~ 75000 music files on the hard drive. I mapped the qmultimedia folder, and I created inside 2/3 folders a playlist of the folders.
(I used the dos command - dir *.mp3 /B /O > xxx.m3u)

Then I started a database rescan of the whole hard drive (inside Twonky).

Now when I switch with my Noxon to a folder of TS-109 where a m3u file was saved -> I can't see the playlist file.
Also when I switch with my Noxon to the entry "Playlist", I only can see the default playlists of Twonky (TS-109).

Can anybody help me ?

Questions:

1. Do I have to change settings inside Twonky?
2. How should looks like the m3u playlist files?
3. .........?

I am a beginner. Maybe someone can describe exactly what to do, respectively where I can glean it.

Regards
Stefan

PS: Sorry for my bad written English !!

robgreb
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-109
Noxon 1
MusicPal

Re: QNAP NAS with Twonky for Noxon 2 Audio

Post by robgreb » Mon May 12, 2008 7:03 pm

I know the Noxon 2 is slightly different to my Noxon 1, but here's what I have to do:

Create a Favorite that points to each playlist. You can do this by going into the Web interface for the Noxon (http://IP_address_of_Noxon).

You probably have more playlists than Favorite slots, so it's not a perfect solution. Perhaps someone else could tell us how to add playlists to Twonky's index tree?

Cheers

Rob