Downgrading firmware problem.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.
Downgrading firmware problem.

Post by mgillespie » Wed May 28, 2008 8:55 pm

I am running the 6394 Beta firmware from here:

ftp://ftp.terratec.de/HomeEntertainment ... ates/Beta/

However, it's got an annoying problem, which I did not notice on 6392 firmware, in that the clock time goes crazy, and is rarely correct, sometimes out by MANY hours.

What is worse, is I can't downgrade the firmware, getting any error from the firmware util, about not being able to enter firmwaree update mode (after the file is downloaded), or that the firmware is not compatible (depending on which version of the updater I use).

Anyone know any tricks on how to downgrade? I think Terratec should make it clear, if you download the beta firmware, there is NO going back.. :-(

Anyone else seen the crazy clock problem? Both my Noxon2 units on 6394 are doing it.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Re: Downgrading firmware problem.

Post by mgillespie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:23 pm

Wired LAN rather than wireless allowed me to downgrade. However the crazy clock problem exists still (you have to switch on the clock in the settings).

I have one unit, where the clock stops every night, it seems at 01:59, switch the unit on, and the clock updates correctly.

Anyone else seeing this? I have 2 units misbehaving in this manner
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.