Sanyo HD1010 MP4/avc file playback via twonky

Discuss Twonky and XBOX here
malakai
AV Hardware:XBOX 360, Maxtor Storage 500 with Twonky on
Sanyo HD1010 MP4/avc file playback via twonky

Post by malakai » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:46 pm

Hey all,

Ive put a small recorded clip straight from the camera onto the twonky/maxtor storage. The XBOX sees this .mp4 file and plays it back perfectly. When i edit this video and transfer it back after re-encoding using the same settings as the camera. I can trasfer it to the drive and i can browse and play it in windows but its not showing on the 360. I read about renaming to .mov this works and the xbox can see it and play back the file. What i dont understand is, if twonky/xbox can see the file taken straight from the camera, why cant it see the file that ive edited. It will also playback perfectly if its playing from an external USB drive as the .mp4 file so i assume the issue is with twonky.
Ive got a 2 small sample files, one unedited, one edited if anyone wants to have a play.

Is there any way i can change a setting in Twonky to force it to show these files on the xbox?

malakai
AV Hardware:XBOX 360, Maxtor Storage 500 with Twonky on

Re: Sanyo HD1010 MP4/avc file playback via twonky

Post by malakai » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:02 am

Ive cracked it. Now you dont have to rename your .MP4 files :D

Copy and paste this info over the one in the clients.db file (open using wordpad) save the file, then in twonky config, maintenance, restart server. Hey presto :)

ID:041
NA:XBOX 360
HH:Xbox
DD:Xbox
HP:chunked
DX:WMC
XM:WMCIDS
XM:MINIMALMP3URL
XM:DLNANO
DB:FIX
MT:aif,aiff audio/aiff
MT:avi,divx video/avi
MT:flac audio/flac
MT:lpcm,pcm audio/lpcm
MT:m4a,3gp.a,m4b audio/mp4
MT:mp4 video/avi
MT:mp1,mp2 audio/mpeg
MT:ts video/mpeg
MT:wav audio/wav

Bear in mind im guessing this will stop it from seeing mp4 audio files because ive removed the mount for mp4 audio but then i personally never use them and if you are doing this then you probably never do too.