XBOX360 cannot find media server

Discuss Twonky and XBOX here
kenny5445
AV Hardware:Twonky 4.4.9
Server Mint Elyssa (Hardy)
Client xbox360 with oct 2008 update
XBOX360 cannot find media server

Post by kenny5445 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:05 pm

Hi, I've had twonky working with Suse before but have switched to Mint Linux.....

OK twonkey seems to be running fine, I have added the multicast route into the routing table for the relevant NIC. There are no IP tables rules (all are set to ACCEPT).

I can browse to the media server via a browser but the xbox does not pickup the media server at all!

Has anyone got any advise (latest xbox update with the new dashboard, mint elyssa and twonky 4.4.9

Thanks

Kenny

tgibbs
AV Hardware:PS3, MacBook

Re: XBOX360 cannot find media server

Post by tgibbs » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:21 pm

Since the dashboard update, Twonky has failed to connect with my 360 even though it works fine with my PS3. The same is the case for EyeConnect. The only thing that still seems to be able to connect with the 360 is Connect360

tardich
AV Hardware:Mandriva Linux 2009.0 on a i586 hardware
Windows XBMC
XBox 360

Post by tardich » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:22 am

I'm at the same point. I have the latest TwonkyMedia Server (Linux release) installed. I can access to everything with the use of XBMC on Linux or Windows. But I just can't see it on the XBox (latest dashboard). I was connected wirelessely with the help of a Linksys Access Point, so I was suspecting this could be a problem So I hooked up my XBox temporarily with a wired connexion. Still no luck. The XBox is completely blind.

My Linux server is connected to the same subnet as my XBox. I have no firewall on the Linux box, and there's nothing between these two machines (well, there's a network switch: DLink DES-3526).

On the web interface of my server, I can see that the XBox reached it in some way, as I now have my XBox as a Media Receiver (with the right IP address and Mac). So now, what do I need to do in order to make it work correctly?

Thanks,

Christian....

uschxc
AV Hardware:xbox 360

Post by uschxc » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:14 am

I see people that seem to have their 360 working with posts in august of this year.

i have the latest Twonky server installed on Ubuntu Jaunty Jackelope and can access it fine from a web browser.

i've enabled the mutlicast route via
route add 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 wlan0

and enabled multicast routing on my router. the 360 can see ushare but can not see my twonky server. i read that Samba is a requirement so i installed that and re-installed Twonky to no avail. any ideas?