AV Hardware:MV2120
Xbox360
DTV DVR's
Sony 52Z5100
Re: Artwork?

Post by wax_job » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:13 pm

I have the same problem....

HP MV2120 (running twonky)

Xbox360.... Sees the content on the MV just fine.... streams 1080p just fine.

NO ARTWORK!!!!

This for mp3,mp4, and most annoyingly wmv! I can take the same WMV, put it on a USBThumbDrive, plug it into the 360 and it sees the Blueray Artwork just fine, but the twonky server isnt serving it up.

Do I need a twonky upgrade? Ill pay the $15 whatever, I just want ARTWORK!

plzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplz

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:54 am

client problem, moving to Xbox forum. Unfortunately, the Xbox is not DLNA or UPnP compliant, and needs workarounds to even stream, let alone sort out thumbmail.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:05 am

If you hardware is not DLNA or UPNP, then you have to take what you are given. That's my personal opinion. The whole point of DLNA Logo is to ensure interoperability, so look for that on future purchases. TwonkyMedia is DLNA 1.5 certified, and works very well with DLNA certified clients.

I know it's not the answer you were looking for, by why should PV waste resources making "hacks" to work with non standard clients like the XBox?
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:57 am

cessna1466u wrote:As I mentioned I also tried my friends PS3 which is DLNA compliant and it didn't work there either
Then you are doing something wrong....