How can I display folders properly on my Xbox 360?

Discuss Twonky and XBOX here
Cramhead
AV Hardware:hpmediavault, xbox 360

Post by Cramhead » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:09 pm

HI ALL
If i go to my videos on my xbox 360 and then connect to the twonky server I can see all videos and i get about a list of 3000 videos!
On my nas they are all in nice little folders tv, films, music videos etc I cant really see how to get my 360 to display the folders. I've tried playing with video nodes and I get a list of folders A-Z but its not displaying all the videos starting with A, B etc. Basically I don't get what nods are and what the abc thing is.
I've set the ABD to 5 but its not what I want. When I go into videos on my Xbox 360 I want to be able to click on twonky and see my nas folders. Movies, TV, **** etc :)

Im running twonky 4.4 on a hpmediavault
thanks for any info
Jamie

chrisssteeven
AV Hardware:ERTRTT

Post by chrisssteeven » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:32 pm

I just checked out my 360 and all the files are correctly displayed, any changes I made to the files in the sub folders under "video" through windows explorer were all reflected after 10-20 seconds under the 360.I don't use download station so cant say whether that has anything to do with it.

pmaguire
AV Hardware:My World Book

Re: How can I display folders properly on my Xbox 360?

Post by pmaguire » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:25 am

I am having the same issue here. All videos just appear in one big long list with no directories or sub directories. Did you get a solution to this issue. Would really appretiate some ideas on how to resolve.

Thanks

Paul

Cramhead
AV Hardware:hpmediavault, xbox 360

Post by Cramhead » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:36 am

never found the answer. I wonder if the new dash is any better

pmaguire
AV Hardware:My World Book

Post by pmaguire » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:04 am

[quote="Cramhead"]HI ALL
If i go to my videos on my xbox 360 and then connect to the twonky server I can see all videos and i get about a list of 3000 videos!
On my nas they are all in nice little folders tv, films, music videos etc I cant really see how to get my 360 to display the folders. I've tried playing with video nodes and I get a list of folders A-Z but its not displaying all the videos starting with A, B etc. Basically I don't get what nods are and what the abc thing is.
I've set the ABD to 5 but its not what I want. When I go into videos on my Xbox 360 I want to be able to click on twonky and see my nas folders. Movies, TV, **** etc :)

Im running twonky 4.4 on a hpmediavault
thanks for any info
Jamie[/quote]

If you just add the parent directory which contains the correct folder structure, that structure will then be reflected through your xbox browser.

I had added the following entries and ended up with one big long list then when I viewed videos in xbox
/Videos/Movies
/Videos/TV
I have now removed both of these and added one entry for /Videos and it is fine for me now.

Let me know if this resolves your issue

p