Photos not rotated properly on xbox 360

Discuss Twonky and XBOX here
jpmoriarty
AV Hardware:XBox 360, Western Digital My Book World Edition 2TB, Dlink router, BT Home Hub
Photos not rotated properly on xbox 360

Post by jpmoriarty » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Have just started using my WesternDigital mybookworld edition with my Xbox 360. One, the photos take forever to load up. I'm presuming this is a western digital problem, rather than a twonky problem, but wanted to check.
Two, the photos aren't rotated properly - when I looked at photos from my PC it was obviously reading the orientation EXIF data and rotating the photo before displaying it on the xbox (no photos were rotated on the PC), but twonky doesn't seem to do that so they all display landscape. Is there any way of getting it to orientate properly?

Am thinking of sending the WD drive back - have been very unimpressed with it and it's phenomenally slow at about 3-4MBps (which when they go on about the "gigabit ethernet drive", just seems like mis-advertising to me...)

jpmoriarty
AV Hardware:XBox 360, Western Digital My Book World Edition 2TB, Dlink router, BT Home Hub

Re: Photos not rotated properly on xbox 360

Post by jpmoriarty » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:48 pm

* bump *

is it just an xbox thing? Will a PS3 rotate them properly as it's DLNA compliant? Or because DLNA ridiculously says to pre-rotate, will that not do it either?