Post by DavidCDean » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:45 am

TwonkyMedia version: 5.1.2
Server hardware: Linux workstation.
Operating System: Ubuntu 9.10 32bit
Client(s) and their software version: XBox 360 - Current
Type(s) of media you are having problems with: Video
How many files you have in your database: 230
Network type (Wired/Wireless): Wired

TMS starts fine, runs fine, admin panel works normally and I can browse folders and video files from the xbox 360. However, whenever I select one of the videos to play it, it complains that the format is unsupported. In truth, all 230 videos are in supported formats. If I copy them to a USB drive or DVD they'll play on the xbox just fine. Same result with or without transcoding enabled.

One example of this: 640x368 XVID MPEG-4 video with MPEG Audio. As with all files, this one plays fine on xbox unless it's being served up by TMS.

What about TMS would cause xbox360 to report some incompatible filetype for a compatible file?

falkyre
AV Hardware:Denon AVR789 receiver, Samsung 50" Plasma, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, XBMC

Re: XBox 360 Problems

Post by falkyre » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:55 am

DavidCDean wrote:TwonkyMedia version: 5.1.2
Server hardware: Linux workstation.
Operating System: Ubuntu 9.10 32bit
Client(s) and their software version: XBox 360 - Current
Type(s) of media you are having problems with: Video
How many files you have in your database: 230
Network type (Wired/Wireless): Wired

TMS starts fine, runs fine, admin panel works normally and I can browse folders and video files from the xbox 360. However, whenever I select one of the videos to play it, it complains that the format is unsupported. In truth, all 230 videos are in supported formats. If I copy them to a USB drive or DVD they'll play on the xbox just fine. Same result with or without transcoding enabled.

One example of this: 640x368 XVID MPEG-4 video with MPEG Audio. As with all files, this one plays fine on xbox unless it's being served up by TMS.

What about TMS would cause xbox360 to report some incompatible filetype for a compatible file?
See end of this thread:

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7321

Looks like there will be a new beta on Monday that might have the issues worked out.