Discuss Twonky and XBOX here
wax_job
AV Hardware:MV2120
Xbox360
DTV DVR's
Sony 52Z5100
Artwork? - Round Deuce

Post by wax_job » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 pm

mgillespe - Then you are doing something wrong....

I think its pretty bad customer support if you just lock a thread and pawn it off as a user error.

You have a lot of smart individuals in this forum and that is a slap in the face from the "Twonky Team" to just be written off like that.

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7281

I have already said that I am willing to "upgrade" my MV2120 to 5 (if you guys would put up a faq, or something on ipkg)

Point is, that other (iomega) DNLA Devices can stream to the 360, WITH ARTWORK.... and that is ALL I am trying to accomplish... So this time, try and not be a DB and help some frustrated people out.

jtrevill
AV Hardware:Dlink DNS-343
Dlink DGS-2208 Gigabit Router
XBox 360
Windows SBS

Re: Artwork? - Round Deuce

Post by jtrevill » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:38 pm

FYI - I've been able to display DVD Cover art on all of my WMV files (Not on AVI files though)... Post again if you still haven't gotten it to work and I'll post how I did it....

Bumpaneer
AV Hardware:D-Link 323

Post by Bumpaneer » Tue May 18, 2010 5:49 pm

I would be interested to know how you got cover art working for wmv's.

Thanks much

jtrevill
XBox 360
Windows SBS

Post by jtrevill » Sat May 22, 2010 3:14 am

In order to do this, I downloaded and purchased a program called "MuvUnder Cover". Their website: http://www.muvenum.com/products/muvundercover/ I think it was like $15.00.

The program was designed for music, but works for the WMV files as well.

Once you have the file created, right click and go to "Properties". On the "Summary" tab fill in the "Title" field with the name of the file. Once you've done that, you can go into MuvUnder Cover and click "Choose Files". Select the file(s) you want with a checkmark and click "Ok". It will pull them each up and attempt to look for artwork. With most music, it will find it no problem. With movies, I scan it from the DVD cover (I believe it is available online as well if you Google for pictures).

When you point at the artwork, a green plus (+) sign shows up. Click the plus sign and point it at the dvd cover artwork file. Once you've selected all the artwork for the files you are working on, click the "Save Album Art" button. It will take a few minutes, but it will say, "Would You Like To Remove the Successfully Saved Albums from the Album List?" Say yes, and you're done.

Bumpaneer

Post by Bumpaneer » Sun May 23, 2010 3:58 am

Thanks for the heads up on the program. I've tried out the demo, and it does indeed update the thumbnail image. I still can't get the thumbnail to show on the xbox however. It shows in WMP when I stream from Twonky. It also shows on the xbox when I stream from WMP. It does not show when I stream from Twonky to the xbox. Which version of Twonky are you running currently?

jtrevill
XBox 360
Windows SBS

Post by jtrevill » Sun May 23, 2010 7:09 am

I'm running Media Server 5.1.3

However, I forgot to add. If it was a file that was already streaming, and I simply added the artwork, I had to rebuild the database in Twonky to get the artwork to show up. I'm just adding a new file with artwork, I just rescan and it picks up the artwork.

Give that a shot and let me know.

Bumpaneer

Post by Bumpaneer » Sun May 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Going back to 5.1.3 fixed the problem. I was trying out the 6.0 betas and couldn't get the artwork to show there. Thanks for all your help.