Xbox doesn't see my .mkv videos

Discuss Twonky and XBOX here
teddykgb
AV Hardware:Moxi 3 tuner DVR streaming Twonky from my Windows 7 64 bit Intel Quad Core PC
Xbox doesn't see my .mkv videos

Post by teddykgb » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:07 pm

Hello all,

I use the Moxi products primarily to stream video via Twonky (blu-ray rips because dvd rips won't play for some reason that support could not figure out) but I was playing with the Xbox last night and trying it out.

The xbox can't see any of my video files. I can go into each folder (they are each in their own folder in which I have the video file and the cover art saved as a jpeg) but no files show in the folders or anywhere else when navigating through on the xbox.

I also use PlayOn to stream the dvd rips and the xbox works great with that, however the blu-ray rips tend to stutter and re-buffer on PlayOn which is why I use Twonky for those.

Does anyone know why the videos would not appear in Twonky? I'm stumped. I know it's not an mkv issue as they will play through playon, unless Twonky somehow handles them differently than Playon?

thanks!

Ted

morpheus2n2
AV Hardware:PS3, 360

Re: Xbox doesn't see my .mkv videos

Post by morpheus2n2 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:38 pm

The 360 dosn't support MKV via DLNA clients you have to use windows media center extender and the latest divx codecs to play them with no probs!