firmware 2.1

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
jyung
firmware 2.1

Post by jyung » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:48 pm

Does Sony really screw up the DLNA in the latest version? I finally able to setup a wirless link fast enough to stream HD. Then loaded the 4.4.4 RC3 into my 107e. A lot of video files (mpg/ts) were displayed as "unsupport format", even I tried to rename some of those extension from ts to mpg and somehow the filename was displayed properly. Tried to play it but get either "unsupport format" or "corrupted data". Those files are played well over removable media.

I tried to rebuild the db but it's the same. I used to think it may be Twonky issue so I tried Tversity and WMP11. Unfortunately, the result is the same.

Is there anyone having similar problem? Anyone know when will Sony release the next firmware?

TwinMoonsAnime

Post by TwinMoonsAnime » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:00 pm

I ran into that problem once and it was because Twonky didn't correctly recognize my PS3 as being a PS3. I highly recommend giving your PS3 a static IP. Then go to the Twonky Admin pages under Basic Setup -> Clients/Security and make sure that it is listed there and recognized as a PS3. If not, manually select PS3 from the drop down menu. Not sure if your issue might be due to this, but that was what caused "unsupported data" issues for me.

jyung

Post by jyung » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:27 pm

unfortunately that doesn't work on mine. I manually set the ip, reset the client list in Twonky and rebuild the database. I'm still getting either "The data type is not supported" or "The data is corrupted". :cry:

jyung

Re: firmware 2.1

Post by jyung » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:56 am

tried firmware 2.17. still the same... :?